• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My big crop tour of Sask

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My big crop tour of Sask

From Eastern Manitoba, Stoughton, Estevan, up to Weyburn, Assiniboine, Shavovan, Swift Current, Elrose, Kindersly, Rosetown, Outlook, back down to Moose Jaw, Regina and then home.

Best I can tell the crop looks average at best. Especially in the SW, looks like you guys had a potenetial for a huge crop at the end of June, but just was too dry in the month of July. Only average crops down there. North of there crop look better but are generally later. Certainly disease issues all over the place. Didn't see one canola field that didn't have aster yellows,scleronina in pocket is really bad especially in that outlook area and south. Would think some of those fields would be 50 % sclerontia for sure.
    You guys in the SW, I can't believe how many lentil acres you seeded. Was really surprised by that. Thought that I would have seen more pea acres, canola, wheat durum, there is lots. Not a hope in hell that there is 1 million acres of flax.

Long and short, a very average crop from what I saw.

Still no pasta plant!!

Comment

Yes, and all that government propaganda wasted as well.

Comment

When do we get full freedom from agristability?

Comment

Hired man just back from winter peg. Yea their
          just great out their wink wink.

Comment

Soon you'll be free from Agristability. Once they reduce the eligibility threshold it won't be long before its usefulness will vanish and voila she vill be kaput. Ritz and his boys will have screwed the farmer once more.

Read it all in the Aug 2nd Western Seducer. The digital version works too if you have good eyes and a decent computer.

Comment

The next Agri-stability agreement covers 5 years. Do you think it is responsible for government to 5 year average high production and high prices and guarantee you a big profit? If they keep the present system and things keep going good, the taxpayer will be bucking up to add to a profitable year even though it is a "bad year" based on the numbers.

Comment

Every time we go out and check our fields they look poorer than the time before..Wht. look VG..BLY is crap..canola was hailed on so its flat and with all the aster in it will yield alot less that any one thinks..Our canola that was wiped out on July 3rd is making an AMAZING come back..to bad its just in full bloom now...Might be our best crop if it makes it..

Comment

Yeah, I find the later seeded stuff is
                  generally better in the canola
                  department. I have a 1/4 of canola that
                  was slow to start, but now looks
                  awesome, if it makes it. It might very
                  well, but it will be late.

Wheat is awesome, barley, Meh, oats late
                  and green, flax meh, canary, meh.
                  Thankful that I am seeing very little of
                  the aster guys are talking about. Sounds
                  nasty in alot of places. My canola issue