• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aug 1 marketing freedom NOOOOO

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willy it really is time for you to take your head out of your ass and look at reality. If you want to pool your grain, be my guest and use the tools at your disposal but STOP trying to hold your neighbors back from achieving the returns that they seek. Your tired old baseless arguments are quite boring. Life will go on even for you after Aug 1.

Comment

Today I reread Sept 28 1943 Calgary Herald articles on the closing of the grain trade. I remember reading a permit book from the time stating the jail penalty for non-compliance.
      How the heck could it have gone so far or so long?? Sounds like the majority wanted it then, as the majority is prevailing today.
      Tom, I haven't tired of that song yet!! But we really shouldn't gloat.

Comment

Blackpowder,

MP Goodale really did know what he was doing... and how it was hurting western Canada.

We commercial growers did everything possible in a peaceful manner to let Ralph know he had a moral and legal obligation to join growers to their legal right of ownership... Ralph just plain didn't care enough to do the 'right thing' and fix the CWB. One order to the Directors... and it would have been done in 1996.

What a shame. The 'dark ages' for western Canada are finally over... thankfully.

It is a shame we were not wise enough to retain a larger farmer owned legacy grain handler... but there are enough smaller independantly owned grower owned handlers, formed out of the mergers, to make a difference.

Cheers!

I am not gloating... we paid in blood sweat and tears for Aug 1 2012.

Comment

To be fair, I'm sure Goodale was a product of an environment. The final fruit of an evolution if you will.
          When studying history we must read first hand accounts from the period for context.
          I agree he was part of the 'final nail' in the cwb coffin.
          Thank goodness it's finally over!

Comment

Time will tell, ifn this is a good thing
            er bad. Most Comedian framers are sooooo,
            stupid they don't know when things are
            good or bad. Framing is cyclical just
            like ever thin else, good, bad, good, bad,
            bad, bad, etc.........

Comment

ya time will tell burbert, but we seen 75
              years of communist rule with the cwb and
              it didnt work.