• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to sell HRS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to sell HRS

I have a bit of #1/13.5 to deliver.Can I deliver and sell
    in new crop year? Price will be better than 11/12 pool
    altho I almost always EPO. Will ask CWB, but kind of
    like asking the fox if the door is open.

Just cleaned out a chunk of old crop hrs for 8.50
    no cwb

Comment

Just shop the market. Delivery after August 1 (may have ability to deliver early/put on a storage but not sure -ask). 1CWRS 13.5 will be a highly sought after commodity after August 1 as everyone including the CWB fights to do high quality wheat business including the Japanese Food Agency and other premium customers. I would tender it out to all companies and let them come to you. Have a price in mind and pull the trigger when achieved.

Comment

A fly in the ointment of my bullishness is harvest will be early and likely high quality/protein. Lots of stuff on canola but wheat is also being impacted. General trend on the market is higher but there will be new crop availability in the fall with likely some impact on prices. My sources tell me that the US is already being more aggressive basis wise in Portland and Seattle as they get ready to sell their spring wheat crop (also likely high protein and quality).

Comment

Thanks for all replies, I would like to deliver now and
          sell after Aug 1 if possible. It is a gamble with new
          crop coming in soon.
          thanks again.

Comment

Viterra offering 9.03 hrs 13.5. Winnipeg

Comment

Just curious on elevator space. Is to room in most elevators to make these new crop wheat deliveries?

Not evaluating one way or the other but one of the most interesting things in the new world will be elevator inventory management and supply chain logistics.

Comment

Char - There is PLENTY of Space fer New Crop. Remember There was Not much fer a Crop Last Year. Was a Very Slow Winter fer all The Elevator Guys, Truckers Too, But have yous ever heard a Trucker Not Complain. I know I haven't............

Comment

Charlie

Was hauling Canola to a couple points here last week, They are very low on stocks from what I could see on the boards.

Comment

Samhill,

Have you contracted this wheat with the CWB for 2011-12? If you have you may be required to buy this contract out.

Comment

Aggy.

Are there pigs flying by your window right now too?

Isn't there something STRANGE going on with wheat prices... that Winnipeg prices are equal to Ontario HRS prices?

Comment

No. because you won't be getting a share of the high value U.S. market anymore. They like our high fus wheat in Minn. L.O.L.

Comment

I would venture to guess that high fus wheat will now be properly discounted.

Comment

Yuup - huge

Comment

So the talk that we had the best wheat in the world was true. Just had to get rid of CWB monopoly to prove it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...