• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using edge/trifluralin through an air cart?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using edge/trifluralin through an air cart?

I'm trying to find out if there are any carts out there capable of metering out edge or bonanza dry granular herbicide through them?
    My plan is to hook one up to a vertical tillage unit and use the tank to broadcast these products as well as possibly spreading sulphur, maybe seeding canola in wet spots, etc..

A new valmar is $18,000, and i cant get one till oct/nov. Also would like the versatility of spreading higher rates of fertilizer.

A neighbor told me he had an ezee-on tank (2175 i think?) that he used for this purpose, so i'm wondering if any roller-style metering system would work. Like the flexicoil 2320? Not sure how these dry herbicides work in a pressurized system.

Let me know if anybody out there has any experience with this, which systems work, and which dont?

I used to broadcast treflan and edge with a
    Bourgault 2115.

Comment

I haven't seen many of those around, did it have
      an auger system or a roller system for metering?

Comment

railway, seems to me that I remember seeing one, on consignment, advertised in Redhead(Estevan). Don't remember the model it was for, but think it was for a Flexicoil.

Comment

Any bourgault tank will meter granular herbicide. They use an metering auger, should have a double flighting in my opinion, but maybe not neccessary. I don't think you can meter sulper fines with any tank. Because of bridging problems. Need that Valmar system that meters with a drag chain. Not sure if any air tank uses that any more or if any did.

Comment

We use to use a beline to broadcast treflan product on in front of a medium duty cult. We also used it to seed canola. Not sure if it would work for fertilizer. Still have it and it could be mounted on a vertical tillage tool if interested.

Comment

20 series flexi had small 3rd tank option for that, had one on a 2320 with a 820 way back, had the deflectors on the front for granular, we built teesinto the primary lines and used it quite successfully with canola and granular innoculant.

Comment

Bourgault had an auger system. Double flighting
                for sure. They also have a box to fit surrounding
                the double flight auger for more accurate
                metering of canola seed, and granular herbicides.
                I never used fines. One guy used To spread fines
                with a bulk spreader and disk markers . He was
                the but of many jokes......until harvest time. Fines
                really worked for him.

Comment

2320 Flexicoil with third tank will do the trick. I've got one for sale. I don't have the deflector kit but may be able to find one for you.

Comment

Seed and harvest from an airplane, thats
                    the only way ta go! F#$k everything
                    else........

Comment

Any Flexicoil system will do the job, they used q broadcast system with 4 runs and a 4 run roller that was like a canola (Extra fine) roller system. I am sure there are old brodcast systems in the bushes all over western Canada..(We have one as well) they had their own front header with deflectors (18" coverage) on 800 series flexicoil seeding tools. Smaller distribution hoses were used than the regular seeding package. These systems could double shoot right out of the main cart tanks.

Comment

Sounds like I've got a few options. My only
                        concern would be that the hoses are large enough
                        to handle 100 to 150 lbs of product at 10 mph.
                        Also the tank needs to stand up to that type of
                        speed all day!
                        I gather that any of the flexicoil tanks can be used
                        for herbicide (not just the small 3rd one) as
                        metering system is the same on all of them. My
                        tool is 40 ft so need 26 runs at 18".
                        Crusher, i have my heart set on a tow between,
                        let me know if yours is tbt, I am near estevan. My
                        cell is 487 7922.

Any more pointers are appreciated!

Comment

Railway,

We use an old 5t 50' spin spreader on autotrac to spread 21-0-0-24. Works great. Autorate scs460 Raven system with hydaulic drive on bottom drag chain... change rates on the fly... 125lb then to 250lb/ac on setting... can flip app rate back and forth on one switch. Can hook up to Deere 2600 (compatable with scs460) controler if wanted (about $1500 for system driver/harnesses plus the flow control, hyd motor and sensor... about another $1500.).

To switch back and forth on Flexicoil air systems the Herbicide (10-15lb/ac and down is a cheaper system) to Fert (100lb/ac and up)... diff distribution systems usually provided than for low rate broadcast system. High rate (100lb/ac) uses normal seeding distribution system. Just the way they were built.

Comment

I would find an old Morris. They are
                            accurate, chain drive and have the two
                            speed clutch. They have a good size granular tank on them and they should be
                            dirt cheap. Back in the day we would
                            spread edge while seeding peas with ours.

Comment

hey railway my 2320 is a towbehind. Can
                              still give you a call if interested. 306
                              area code?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...