• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statistic Canada Seeded Acreage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statistic Canada Seeded Acreage

Link below. Don't think anything surprising although canola acres will be debated here.

Weather the driver on markets with the rally in CBT soybeans the focus. Soyoil still relatively weaker that meal.

Other comments.

[URL="http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/120627/t120627a001-eng.htm"]Canadian seeded acres[/URL]

The report states Lentil acres slightly higher than last year? Um I don't think so. From what I have seen on the ground is that Lentil acres are down sharply.

This report doesn't mean much though, in the face of the impending corn belt drought.

Comment

Yield is always a bigger variable than seeded acreage. I agree, until some numbers solidify around yields, the acreage numbers are a only a small and by now, a constant factor in the equation. Note I did not say known factor:-)
      Stats Canada knows nothing, and really should reconsider how they gather data. I have not talked to one farmer who even tries to give them accurate information. As for myself, I either hang up on them or play with the caller.
      In this day and age of governement cuts, the frustating thing is I never hear that Stats Canada is laying off 10,000 phone callers. Now that would be a start......

Comment

futures up. basis goes up with it
        . cash price goes down

Comment

Another piece of useless information, that
          the gobermont wants ya ta believe. Keepem
          all living in fear, theys easier to govern
          that way!

Comment

My surprise out the report is the continued small barley acreage (albeit bigger than 2011). Continued tight feedgrain supplies - particularly if wheat quality and protein are high again in 2012. Oat acres were also a surprise.

I would watch this Friday's USDA spring acreage report with attention to both oats and barley. North America milling oats and malting barley are likely to be in tight supply which could bring these crops more into line with corn/soybeans (and even perhaps canola here).

Comment

Should only post once but a change is that all crops in western Canada compete for acres based on profit potential. The least profitable crops ($/acre) with the main markets north America (milling oats and malting barley) are the interesting ones to follow.

Comment

Seeded ac and harvested ac are going to vary dramticaly - JMO. So will yields. Such a huge area under too mush high moisture stress not to significantly affect final numbers and it is only 7 days into summer. A loong summer for a few and a summer that wont quit for most in Sask anyway.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...