• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Education for Kids

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And dare anyone say that the CWB had major flaws and major costs to certain segments of farmers. Sure was somewhat nice for other segments to live off those who didn't happen to have entitlements; and the ear of those who made unilateral decisions.

Comment

APAS???.......sum....guy

Comment

ight="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ezTIYd5UFRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I apologize in advance for trying to bring this back on topic .....

Absolutely kids need some financial education before they leave school. My fear is that leaving it up to teachers to provide that education will bias the information unrealistically for many of the students. What works for a teacher who has a gold plated pension plan, annual cost of living increments and 10 weeks of annual holidays may not work for the average working stiff. More importantly leaving the job to unionized teachers will bias the results against creating new entrepreneurs.

Comment

bobo how many times did you fail grade 8?

Comment

Dayne, I can't speak fer Bob, But I quit in Grade 8, Said smarter than The Teacher, What The Hell is The Sense in going anymore!!!!!!!

Comment

I am not so sure that the average baby boomer has earned any credability or environmental, social or moral brownie points to be telling anyone how any generation ought to behave.

And just maybe that is why no one is listening much.

Comment

I dunno what it has to do with the topic of this thread but I know some pretty smart people who didn't do well in the school system - that would be another point against the unionized homogenized so-called teachers that populate that system. I actually did pretty well in that environment, taking only 11 years to go from Grades 1 thru 12 and then another 4 to get a BSc.

Now Stubbie - did you have a point or were you just being an ass?

Comment

There is truth to "are you smarter than a fifth grader?"

Old school provided that reading, writing, and math will be well developed by fifth grade, if you were willing and able to learn. (BTO, the government forced you to go three years too long.) Perhaps the law was an ass to do that considering the influence you may have had on your peers, and the headaches provided for your teachers.

The remainder of your institutional years are to show your future employers that you had the staying power, and what it took to earn some degrees.

So, no, it is not important to financially educate kids. They have been given everything they need to figure it out at the appropriate time. If it hasn't happened, they need to remember their grade one to five basics.

The jury is still out on "estimating", another more socially acceptable word for a "cluster @#$%^" mistake.

Comment

Don't educate the kids, relative to
                      finances, you'll scare the heck outta
                      them. Start teaching mortgages, interest,
                      tax preparation. They'll all leave
                      Comedia fast as they kin git on the buses.

Comment

Examine individual Canadian credit card debt; mortgages and personal loans and long term debt before you start to think you have the answers to the next generations life style.

Comment

Have a couple relatives that teach, and I'll tell you about an evening we went to visit one of them.

The phone rang after 7 pm 5 times from parents. These were the topics

1. did my Johnny leave his socks at school, could you find them tommorrow for Johnny. By the way can you inject his new medication?

2. why did you scold my Johnny when he hit billy over the head with a baseball bat, he's only learning who he is and needs to find ways to express himself.

3. you gave sally an 85 in dance class and I see Anna has an 87 what the hell is up with that I take Sally 3 times a week to jazz classes.

4. what's wrong with bringing a dead cat to school? You do have a biology class right?

5. the reason my son Bto junior beat up on the hutterite kid 2 grades below is because he is bored, you are not challenging him enough. (when I heard that one, I wanted to grab the phone myself and give her this challenge, how are you gonna get the pointy part of my boot out of your ass lady?)

I thought the same about teachers all my life until I saw what the good ones do, the amount of time they spend does not end at 3:30. And nowadays the nut parents fully take advantage of the stupid laws protecting them and their nutty kids. They need to bring in a reform school where all the nut kids go with their nut parents, if they were gone I agree they the teachers are being paid well but not with the nuts they have to deal with daily.

So as a question to all of you when a dipshit foreigner can come to Canada take a 2 week course and get behind the wheel of a semi to supply the oil industry and make more money than teachers, nurses, other professionals, what is this gonna do to the pool of people going into these professions?

I'd sure rather have the smartest person teaching my kids, treating my kids at the hospital as apposed to driving a truck. Not meaning to be disrespectful of truckers but this is part of the problem with the oil influence.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...