• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the nicest lentils?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the nicest lentils?

Beautiful lentils at Briercrest.

Still a long way from the bin but look good so far
    I'd say.

Comment

Beautiful lentils everywhere you go, fungicides are
      going to be working overtime this year. bring on
      the heat

Comment

Interesting topic. Often the nicest at this time of year end up the poorest at harvest. Typically the great looking crops at this stage are seeded to thick and canopy to early leading to disease problems in a wet year. I will bet on the not so pretty ones being the winners at the end of this year. The best looking pea crops are going backwards fast from to much water right now. Have some large green lentils that looked dynamite a week ago and now are 30% infected with fusarium root rot. Looking a little thin and will become worse as time goes on. I've seen this before in 2004 and the crappiest thinnest stands were the highest yielding at harvest.

Comment

I'm pretty much writing off my crop right now, and it's only been out of the ground a couple of weeks.

We have saturated clay soils and even with dry weather later on, it will feed the crop plenty of moisture for the rest of the season. This will lead to a thick, lodged, disease ridden mess just like 2010. That year I fungicided the heck out of the Lentils until the canopy closed over and then sclerotinia and Botrytis invaded the underside of everything. You can't spray what you can't get at. It was a disaster.

Red lentils may fair better in this environment, but Large Greens and wet weather do not mix. And here I thought I farmed in the dry Brown soil zone?!?

Comment

Lentils like air around the roots. They dont like
            being mucked in. Pour on the heat.

Wet feet - no heat so far, gonna turn around this
            weekend. Thick canopy needs fungicide shot in
            there by air.

Comment

80% of the lentil growing area is swamped, just sayin !!

Comment

My peas have turned a nice john deere
                yellow. F$#K$3f Rain.

Comment

Under water!!!!

Comment

The Hell with Lentils, EVERYTHING Beans. Theys like water too, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp!!!!!!!!

Comment

Been out spraying my purple canola, no lentils around here, but if there was they might not be worth harvesting.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...