• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campbell decision overturned!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets go Babe. We'll drink the oceans dry. Come
    to Echo, lots of room, would love to have you all.
    I have a friend who could really get us going.
    Kinda a wheat board guy with a good sense of
    humour. Lets have some Ritz crackers with lots
    of whine. Could you hear the cheer clear across
    the lake?

Can we make fireworks out of wheat?

Comment

Not surprised as the Canadian system has become more like the US system.
      it all to do with money. The ruling has more to do with Richardson and
      Viterra shareholders than farmers. just look the end of the CWB made Viterra
      worth another billion.
      I really would like to know where this idea of Freedom to sell you wheat
      came in. We lost all freedom to deal with companies on real product. They
      want to sell you paper, but don't tell you what the real price will be when
      you have to deliver. With the weather it could be interest when you think
      you sold it at $7 ,but where you have to delivery they discount it $4/bus.
      Yet company B across the street is only discounting $2/bus.

Comment

Hey Gerald would that be similar to the old CWB PRO? No idea what you are going to get for your grain.

Comment

Gerald, get all your buddies together and market your grain together voluntarily. There's your freedom. I will market my own..there's my freedom. PS. I had to put up with your wishes for the past 35 years of farming career, now you wine, wine, wine about having to put up with mine and my wishes don't even start until Aug 1.

Comment

This year (if lucky) need to pile 90% of HRS on ground. Called a grain company.
            I can take a basis contract for a certain month. Base grade #1 13.5. $22 off Minn. futures. (details over phone)Lock price when I please or roll it. My pile will be gone when I choose. If hailed, just buy out of basis.
            I had to ask him 3 times if it was just that simple. Gawd I may not live to see many things but I am witnessing this.
            He also inferred that corporate head office has no care either way if they ever sign handling agreements.
            Textbook case of 'denial into extinction'. I'm too young to have really suffered a 2 bu. quota, but honestly I'm still gobsmacked every time I think of this. A freind who is 25 finds it hard to believe even my stories. SON-----OF----A----GUN!!!!!!!!!

Comment

http://www.manitobacooperator.ca/news/appeal-court-upholds-marketing-freedom-law/1001470171/1spqq4sWn740q6svn4srM20/?link_source=aypr_MBCO&AF=&utm_source=MBCO&utm_med ium=email&utm_campaign=MBCO-EN06192012&link_targ=DailyNews

Appeal court upholds "marketing freedom" law

Overturns lower court that ruled Gerry Ritz's CWB bill broke the law

Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz didn't break the law by introducing legislation last fall to end the Canadian Wheat Board's monopoly on the sale of Prairie wheat and barley, the Federal Court of Appeal ruled Monday.

"We are pleased with this decision," Ritz said in an email. "The Marketing Freedom for Grain Farmers Act is in force and farmers are moving forward and contracting their wheat and barley with buyers of their choice for delivery beginning Aug. 1, 2012."

Federal Court Justice Douglas Campbell in December had agreed with the Friends of the Canadian Wheat Board (FCWB) that Ritz breached section 47.1 of the Canadian Wheat Board Act.

Campbell had ruled Ritz was in breach when he introduced the controversial legislation without first consulting with the wheat board's directors and then getting farmers' approval through a vote.

However, Federal Appeal Court Justice Robert M. Mainville, writing on behalf of his two colleagues, overturned the lower court ruling.

"After carefully considering the legislative history and the context in which section 47.1 was adopted, I am of the view that none of the arguments advanced by the respondents or the interveners can sustain an interpretation that would preclude the minister from introducing in Parliament legislation which would fundamentally modify the CWB's mandate or which would lead to the repeal of the CWB Act," Mainville wrote in a 47-page decision.

The FCWB was not immediately available for comment Monday.

However, in earlier interviews, it said it would consider seeking leave to appeal to the Supreme Court if the lower court ruling was overturned.

The FCWB has also launched a class action lawsuit against the federal government requesting the wheat board's single desk remain -- or, in its absence, that western grain farmers get $17 billion in compensation.

Comment

Gerald google your Friends of the CWB and check out your buddy or he wants to be your buddy,or you kids best friend. Norbert Van Deynze he is in a shit load of trouble. These are the people that belong to this organization sickoos , and pervs

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...