• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potash sales

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potash sales

Sorry about the bad link from the mac. Maybe
    someone can put it "instant forum".

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Slim sale
    s India behind potash buildup Agrium boss s
    ays/6796870/story.html

Just shake my head and wonder if the top guys ever
    get the message at all. Always blaming other
    situations for slow downs of product moving etc.
    Apparently price has nothing to do with it ?????

India has turned down, but they need food and
    lots of it. Eventually they will have to buy.

Comment

India has turned down, but they need food and
      lots of it. Eventually they will have to buy.

Hunger doesnt rest.

Comment

They just didn't buy it here is all.

Search Agrimoney.com:

home
        commodities
        companies
        markets
        opinion
        data
        calendar

Mon 18th June 2012

PRINTABLE VERSION EMAIL TO A FRIEND RSS FEEDS

14:44 UK, 18th Jun 2012, by Agrimoney.com

India's phosphate imports far bigger than thought

PhosAgro raised hopes for phosphate demand by revealing that India, the top importer, had signed off on purchases well beyond the 500,000-700,000 tonnes revealed by North American exporters.

India had in fact signed a "1m-tonne contract" at the start of the month, the Russian fertilizer group, which has its own distribution network in India, said.

And "contracts for over 2m tonnes have been signed since then", PhosAgro said.

The company declined to reveal further information on the contracts, although Agrimoney.com has learned separately of talk of India buying significant volumes too from China and Saudi Arabia's Ma'aden.

Such purchases will ease a major concern over the announcement by North America's PhosChem consortium at the start of the month of a 500,000-700,000-tonne deal - that it was short on quantity, if firm on price, at $580 a tonne.

'Indian demand recovering'

"Indian demand is recovering," PhosAgro said, adding that, with deals with much-watched Indian buyers sealed, it "does not expect any serious slowdowns" in the phosphate market.

Furthermore, demand from Brazil, Europe, Russia and the US was "strong", and with demand due to pick up soon in many markets ahead of the next autumn sowing period.

"The market will remain stable, especially considering recent development with Indian contracts," Maxim Volkov, the PhosAgro chief executive, said.

DAP vs NPK

A "challenging" Indian market had been one of the main setbacks to the phosphate market in the January-to-March quarter , the group said.

Demand from the top importer was sapped both by a weaker rupee and a cut of more than one-quarter, to 14,350 rupees a tonne, in government subsidies for diammonium phosphate, the main form of the nutrient in fertilizers.

The group, which prides itself on the flexibility of its production operations, side-stepped some of the weakness in phosphates by switching production to NPK, the compound, nitrogen, phosphate and potash fertilizer.

That helped phosphate revenues, including NPK, rise 9.0% to 23.0bn roubles.

One-off benefits

However, with spending on raw materials such as sulphur rising, and production in the group's nitrogen operations curtailed by factory refurbishment, group operating profits eased 1.7% to 7.53bn roubles.

While earnings rose 24% to 9.74bn roubles, this included a 1.8bn-rouble gain on currency hedges, and an 800m-rouble financing benefit.

PhosAgro depositary receipts, a proxy for shares, stood 0.3% higher at $10.40 in lunchtime deals in London.

The group made no further comment on its withdrawal last week from the tender for the Russian government's 20% stake in Appatit, the phosphate rock producer which PhosAgro already controls.

PhosAgro last week blamed its decision, which has forced the postponement of the sale, on "the fact that the tender organiser, BNP Paribas, has not disclosed or clarified several significant conditions of the tender".

Comment

I guess the article I posted was in regards toPhosphate not Potash

Comment

Huyde farms. What ever happened with that court case against the cwb?

Hutterites (the big fish) eating up Huyde (a slightly smaller fish)

Comment

was this advertised? what realter had it listed?

Comment

Oh it will be something you get to experience over and over again now.

Comment

You people have something agains't Hutterites?

Comment

I have Muskoday First Nation within 7 miles of my place now. I believe it is Earth One farming it cause they are looking for a farm manager in the Humboldt area.

Comment

Chinese, or Hutterites, or "One Earth Farms", etc.?
                      Do you see the writing on the wall yet?
                      Personally I pick the Hutterites! At least they actually live on the land and care about it?
                      The others.....maybe not so much?

Comment

No One of ny good friends is a farm boss, but I do know that one colony in an area very seldom doesn't lead to more it's the nature of the model.

Comment

Check back and I called this one a while back.

Comment

Hutterites got the bucks. Nise land, too.

Comment

Just had a colony move about 20 miles from us.
                              Bought through a front man (non hutterite) not
                              sure why but thats the way it went down they paid
                              about 40 percent more than where the market
                              was.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...