• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Earth Farms Loses $3.2 Mill in 1st Quarter!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD9 - The purchased inputs of this first quarter would be considered prepaid expenses until the crop is seeded.

In my opinion, these operations are highly leveraged so the interest costs, wages and leased equipment payments would be significant in almost all quarters

Comment

Hopper - I don't think there are many accountants that understand the program or have to tools and knowledge to estimate any payments so therefore no payment would be included in the year end financials.

A properly prepared financial statement is only a picture of what the year's earnings were. If you do work with someone that knows how to calculate, it really should be included in the year it relates to. As you mentioned 2011 being a pretty good to almost the best year of farming for some, it would look rather strange to have AgriStability benefits show up as revenue.

Its probably a bit different now but years ago the financial statements I saw by many smaller accountants were straight cash basis and looked like the tax return as a financial statement. These are basically useless documents from a banking perspective as we would have to do our own thing to try and figure out the true farm picture.

And when asking a farmer for inventories/Receivables/Payables in March/April for the previous year I'm pretty sure it wasn't always very close.

Comment

So nobody knows the yearly profit/loss?
        Just headlines then? Lull you into
        believing they are toast? Sounds fishy.

Comment

wd9, do you farm near a first nation? They lull themselves to sleep.....
          I will put it this way, the laziest people on earth have always had things given to them for free and always expect the most for doing *** all. Do the math.

Comment

Well i'd like to do the math but so far
            haven't seen the numbers.

Comment

You never will, only fairy tail stuff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...