• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm safety net for immigrants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm safety net for immigrants

If a Chinese state company, person or corp of a person permanent resident. Comes to Canada to start a business should they recieve any govèt funding. Chinese are not allowed dual citizen so in my thinking if you are not canadian citizen takes 5 years of living here to become a citizen, you should not be allowed any govt funding. which may actually be the case. I remember when bringing the ex here she was at first rejected as she did not want the chinese govèt to know how much money she had, business worth, etc. So she got me to sponsor her. Very convenient, by sponsoring I am guaranteeing to the Canadian govt that she will not cost the govt any money within a 10 year period plus I sponsored her parents a few weeks before our break up. So she get immediate approval to come to Canada cause I have x amount of assets up as collateral. I would think these new Chinese immigrants should be treated the same way as my ex wife, as if the govt will gain money not spend money on them. or are us Canadians sponsoring these Chinese citizens to live come and bread here.

Personally I am bracing for the end of farm subsidies. That said if a Chinese state or citizen comes to Canada to buy land should we not charge them a 100 dollar per acre head tax, think about it we provided food to the world at under cost for how many years and now they intend to buy us out and make profit something does not add up. yes I am a shit disturber.

Comment

up to three quarter million there is a capital gain exemption then there is capital gain. So the sellers are paying some tax but not much. Saskfarmer 3 will be in a tax issue for himself I hope his kids take over the farm as it is meant to be. immigrants are not meant to take over our farms in my opinion.

Comment

Take over as in the rate that the Chinese are taking over.

Comment

I like my immigrant neighbours all of them. But in Saskfarmers3 case they are surrounding him and choking him out. There is a big difference.

Comment

Hopper said,"Personally I am bracing for the end of farm subsidies."

As much as on the face of it, it maybe painful, in the long term, we as farmers, and the taxpayer, would all be better off.

Start with Aginvest, and leave crop insurance as the last to go.

And somewhere in the middle, tell the supply management scammers to take a hike.

Comment

gm ford etc had to pay the govt back. Why is there not a lean on our farm land if an immigrant wants to buy in.

Comment

Coalville yes I agree, It only makes sense. Our govt needs money to run the country. We should not ask for more out than we put in.

Comment

"immigrants are not meant to take over our farms in
                  my opinion."
                  That's kind of rich in a country where essentially
                  everyone farming is an immigrant. At least some of
                  who came later had to pay for it unlike some of the
                  original settlers who were given land for free.
                  What about all the freedom rhetoric and the free
                  market capitalism that's always preached on this
                  forum? seems like now you want a nanny state to
                  back your protectionist desires.

Comment

I see your ^point. We are essentially all immigrants. grassfarmer should we go be put on some reserveÉ Is that your annseré We are supposed to be the educated part of our society. The chinese with tripple the education come and know more about out taxes and govt programs than we do because that is their business. Is this what we have becomeà

Comment

Grass donèt you worry about you and your kids being the uneducated part of society that are displaced to the reserveÉ

Comment

Hopper that french keyboard must be driving you nuts LOL.

Comment

Yes it is , I have a jack hammer ready for anyone who speaks against me

Comment

Now speak when spoken to. Off with your head. Sorry been watching Alice in wonderland.

Comment

The reality is that our tax dollars are used to loan
                              them the money and then give them generous
                              beginner margins to guarantee them a
                              "generous" and automatic return on my back and
                              the back of my children and grandchildren. Then
                              if they flop, they just blow out of here, leaving,
                              guess who, holding the bag.

Its great to be a welcoming country. No one
                              denies honest foreigners the right to come to
                              Canada to work and get paid a fair return. The
                              rub is when they enter the country and they have
                              no track record, still we give them the same
                              rights and more than we have.

I know a young fellow from Nigeria who bragged
                              to me and showed me where his bank account
                              gets weekly and bi- weekly deposits from one of
                              our disability programs. Problem is he does not
                              have a disabled child. This internet is so handy