• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag Canada to discontinue trees for farmsteads

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag Canada to discontinue trees for farmsteads

So Harper saves money on supplying trees for western farmsteads but doesn't mind wasting it on planes, ships and other war materials.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Century tree planting program uprooted/6760524/story.html

Gerry Ritz the farmer's friend...yah!! right!!

I agree wilagro.

There is no reason for this. Even a
    nominal fee would have made more
    sense. Or better yet maybe MPa could
    have trimmed their perks a bit.

Comment

All of Ritz's corporate farming buddies are busy ripping out field shelter belts that have been planted on the prairies over the last 80 years. Can't be wasting their time going around them when they want to plant corner to corner

Comment

I thought I read that the shelterbelt program was (is to be) turned over to the private sector. Farm clients would pay upfront for their tree orders, and the federal government would (if you apply) give you your money back for your tree purchase. Is this true because if it is, what are you subsidy takers complaining about??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...