• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question to Saskfarmer3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask: would you go back though? I'm in rolly ground and the distance from the front casters to the gang packers is quite far. On hill tops it tended to go in too deep, got good at pulling it out with the hydraulics as it crested the hill top. The good thing about these drills is their low maintenance costs--I think all the independant shank drills will nickle and dime us to death--hydraulic hoses and cylinders, MRBs(do you have them?) lots of moving parts in the shank assembly.

Comment

Yea on the bourg we have the MRBs the new
      version is better. Need to change the
      discs next year maybe.
      Had one bearing go this year in packer.
      Seedmaster would go another year but have
      to weld a few spots.

Comment

Bourgault verses CNH(Flexicoil) airtanks???

Comment

Can you keep the MRBs in the ground(under normal conditions or in hard ground by approaches)?

Comment

The Bourg tank is starting to grow on me.
            Like the bag lift and the auger for under
            semis is nicer. Bourg with Duals and dual
            fan for heavy fert app.

Comment

Where do you need to weld on the Seedmaster? Everything is bolted together pretty much. Have 18,000 acres on my 66' now in 4 years. Changed fertilizer openers before this year for a cost of 100 dollars per openner and they take time to change as cannot use an impact or socket cause the trash deflector is in the way. Did a lot of bolt torquing first year but things seem pretty good now. Bought that drill 4 years ago without the airkit for 110 thousand. Had a left over bourgault air kit from the precious 5710. So I am pretty cronic cheap with my airdrill.

Comment

The engineers at these air drill companies make me laugh. Build a 450 or larger air tank and they still think a guy is filling them with 3 tons or tandems. On a good day the super bs won't cut it. So they make an auger that is useless. Told deere guy at FPS a few years back the augers have to be able to go under a slide and he ****ing argued the point with me for 1/2 hour. Finally left with a sunburnt forehead which pissed me off more.

An auger could be 40 feet long and balanced to easily fit under the semi's. There is plenty of room in a field to fill. I don't know why they have to make it fit in a parking space.

Comment

One of the beams that holds the shanks on
                  is cracked along where it bolts on. Easy
                  fix but split in two.
                  Checked opposite side same thing only two
                  spots but a few hours and fixed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...