• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question to Saskfarmer3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to Saskfarmer3

How did the 3310 perform this year compared to the Seedhawk. Did you seed any ground that has been worked before seeding and were you able to properly control the depth? Does it sink in wet conditions, they are heavily built. Pulling a 6550 or 6700 and what about compaction.

Ok first the Seed master did come up a
    day sooner. But the Bourgualt is built
    like a brick shit house. Will be around
    for a lot of years. Seed master get the
    wet kit they will explain. Its a
    hydrolic that puts weight on hitch of
    tractor or cart. You get threw a lot
    more mud. Both get one through the mud
    but when the sun comes out it packs hard
    and seeds have a hard time coming out.
    We are seeing that this year. Their
    coming but slow.
    Believe it or not some dealers are sold
    out of production of tanks for
    Bourgault. Not sure why but we were
    looking for two new 3320s, one 68 ft on
    twelve inch and one 60 on 10. With 6450
    carts.
    One quote, so far one Sorry no carts but
    should have two more by next week.
    So yes the seedmaster might go but only
    because I see it not lasting.

Comment

They both worked awsome on ground that was
      worked, either by strawmaster or last
      falls kelly harrow. I would like to see
      how they work in dry conditions but havent
      had that for a long time.

Comment

Why only 450 bushel carts??

Comment

I like them we have anhydrous tanks for
          nitrogen so works, also cant get 650 this
          year most are sold out.

Comment

That makes sense, I use dry so capacity is nice.

Comment

One has twin 1200s and other is 2000 lb.

Comment

Sales guy to me SeedHawk is unveiling a 1300 bu cart at Farm Progress this year, when is enough enough??

Comment

My perfect drill would be a setup like this.

1. Independant openers (I prefer discs) on a rank of 8 or 10 with one hydraulic cylinder for it for down pressure. Technically deere's 1895 setup.

2. Bourgault or morris depth control and space to access opener settings. Hate deere for access on the 1895.

3. Flexicoils system of fold behind or similar. I don't understand why these independant's have to fold up. Once they are on the frame tires the openers do the rest not like a hoe drill that has a flexible frame.

4. I like the deere tank and guidance systems all on one screen but deere could get in the game with larger tanks.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Bucket: I agree that if you could take the best qualities of each drill and meld then into one you would really have something. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. What rattles me is where do they find the "value" is some of these drills. Bourgault's cart is quite simple(seems under-engineered compared to some) but pricy. Single shank openers verses double shank. Heavy frame verses light. Blah, blah, blah.......

Comment

Oh and add bluetooth technology so you don't have to walk back and forth to the cab to calibrate.

You have a slave screen that could be at the tank to push in all the number that could communicate with the monitor.

All drills are overpriced. This country was seeded with discers for years and now the HID lights in most tractors are worth more than a set of discers - its retarded.

Comment

Currently deciding whether or not the job of the seedmaster out weighs the longevity of the bourgault. As Sf3 stated the crop comes up quicker behind a master and fertilizer placement is fairly ideal for ALL crops. Have had some durability issues with the seedmaster after 14,000 acres but its 60% cost of a bourgault and nothing that couldn't be replaced or repaired shortly and cost effectively.. Looking at canola of a master to bourgault this year. 3.4 ibs seed with master vs. 4.7 ibs with bourgault. Master is superior in this test. The price of bourgault is beyond stupid. 530,000 msrp for a full load 66' (10") spaced with 700 bushel cart. Paid 233,000 for a 70' 12" master with 550 bushel cart. Whats the answer? Not sure. Some of the best seeding jobs in the area this year are with old flexi coil 5000's. Not much of an investment and a great result.

Comment

Lets hear it for the flexicoil 5000! 2" of rain after done seeding always helps.

Comment

Crusher: Moisture after seeding helps no matter what tool was used to put it in the ground, it is the great equalizer. I am currently using the equivelant of a 5000 now, I call it my Brandt Seeder because it is "Brandt Blue", it is New Holland. Seeded 9 crops with it and would like to move to an indepenant shank drill, leaning to Bourgault because of their ruggedness. I hate the price of these new drills and am sure if the kid doesn't want to take over it will be the last drill I ever buy.

Comment

our area also the 5000 are doing a great
                              job. We had that before the 3310 oh well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...