• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would sign a farmers Union for selling grain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would sign a farmers Union for selling grain

I would think 100 percent would, Cost?
    On a per ton basis. But I am pretty sure it would not be much. Union guarantees nothing, just the contract is written by farmer not by buyer. I would think if enough farmers sign on that the buyers contracts now in will be gone completely. The union contract would state that payments be made the following day if requested by grower. If not paid if requested then contracts are allowed to be displayed on the union web site. Plusses to a grower contract are, on time deliveries, otherwise penalties, get paid in case of buyer problems with no space, only one day risk instead of possible million dollars. buy outs, if price goes up that farmer can make a profit to exit contract. Well worth the cost of a Union. Just hope us farmers can still help the neighbour, I heard according to union rules you have to ask union boss before helping guy working beside you in the shop.

In this union no one needs to know the price paid for a commodity. We want to know is payment made when requested.

Comment

This has to have nothing to do with FNA , Canola growers, wheat board, etc. Must be stand alone.

Comment

Not meaning to put any of them 3 down, I am just excited. It should be a stand alone new organization.

Comment

So one day us union farmers say this is our contract. The buyers say this is our contract. If price is the same, farmer can choose to make contract. If price is higher without a union contract, then farmer can also price but knows well his risk and decides to take risk to gain more. This is life, getting out of bed in morning is a risk sometimes.

Comment

I suppose the union would have some accounting and lawyer fees.

Comment

I promise never to complain about the Accountant, or Lawyer, or ExWife if someone can make this work.

Comment

Then after we can make our union contracts we will be able to tell Yara what the price of Nitrogen is, then the head of Yara will say Yaw yaw yaw, lol.

Comment

of course I will take a buy out of 5 million to stop talking. probably screwed that up already.

Comment

Farmers that sign onto union can say this is our standard contract. After they view the grain purchasers contract. Not sure if we can band together to say this is the only contract, that would be tooo awesome. but if grain industry understands that this is the new industry standard? Ya,

Comment

This is simple this is small, probably should not involve fert purchases or anything else.

Comment

What would it cost to get something like this going? should be cheaper than the cost of the FNA assholes.

Comment

This Union should be about contracts, and payments and website about payments made on time. That is all we need , what is it it worth, some hot shot out of ag school should be able to take this on.

Comment

Hopper: Have you gone off your Meds? (Just Kidding)

Comment

I know been checking my sanity, still makes sense to me

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...