• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errol;

History has proven you wwwrong time after time...the colapse has been 'stopped'; besides the US dollar is rising and the EU can push the US to help to stop the crunch. $100B bailout for Spain is nothing in the grand scheme of things... EG 1.5T US Deficit.

Germany is not an island to itself...

They will print. China and India must push ahead... they need our export markets to keep growing. Russia will supply the Arabs what they need... and they have Zillions of liquid currency... together.

Will Israel survive? Will Iran attack them? Much Much more to be concerned about on this side.

Comment

You have always sold in the world and North M
      American wheat markets. CWB used futures markets
      and other tools in making these sales - they occurred
      in the context of the CWB pooling system with limited
      to no visibility to farmers or market signals. You still
      have that alternative if you choose to use it.

In the new world, western Canadian will actually be
      able to make sales based on actual world or North
      American prices. These prices will be based on some
      futures so that all members of the supply chain
      (farmer to end user) will use these prices as a
      reference or a hedging tool. Hopefully western
      Canada can have a made in the prairies futures price
      to base decisions and if they choose, an alternative to
      manage risk. A dreamer I realize but think about the
      benefit of a well functioning options market based off
      the ICE futures Canada wheat, durum and barley
      futures contracts.

Nothing has really changed in the new world. Just
      more decisions made by you versus a single desk and
      more information to use in these decisions.

Comment

I am certainly no expert on global finance or politics.

All I know is we are all in a big mess. The present generation of voters has demanded, and received, a very high standard of living. But they have refused to pay for it. 30 years of this, and the chickens are coming home to roost.

So who will pay? I think its simple. Those who bought the paper will. Voters will elect politicians who will give them what they want, so it won't be the voters.

I'm with cotton on this. The lenders, who are just as much at fault as the borrowers or maybe more, will bear the brunt. Did they do their due dilgence when they bought the debt??? Or were they too eager to get their hands on the paper so they could leverage and churn?

I think they will have few choices at the end of the day. A haircut is a haircut-either take a writedown, or be repaid in 5 cent dollars. My bet is the 5 cent dollar route is what is going to happen. Print and pay. Print and pay. Its easier to do than get a pampered generation to pay up or alter their habits.

I feel sorry for the people with pensions and paper. They will get a haircut as well. But I also think they are the same ones who have demanded free everything, and who refuse to pay sufficient taxes to cover the cost.

What goes around comes around???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...