• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spraying in wind

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spraying in wind

I wonder in how much wind people are still spraying I am using a 4710 jd with uld 5 gallon nozzles. Have been spraying up to 20 k winds at a speed of 14 miles per hour

60 km here not spraying

Comment

Gusts of 70 to 80 here, can't even
      really work outside.

Tom Wolfe stuff says never more than
      20k.

That is quite the sheer at 14 mph into a
      20 k wind.

How many guys point their nozzles back
      slightly as opposed to the traditional
      forward?

Comment

Told my neighbour this spring while doing burn off that I had to quit when the booms kept tripping in the wind...........I was exaggerating a little. I usually tell the men to quit when it averages over 12MPH but we spray at higher winds if we really have to, and can spray crosswind with good isolation. We have nozzles facing forward and back and run the booms as low as possible.

Comment

For us it totally depends what's next door, we
          have sprayed pressed burn in 40-50k winds with
          the booms 2 feet off ground going 11-12 mph

Comment

Get up early in the morning. It is
            usually calm then, till aboot 0930 er 1000
            Hrs, soos ya kin spray then, when the
            weeds is wakin up, they really suck the
            poison in tooooooooooo, fur what its
            worth, works fer us........

Comment

I don't think I spray in over 20 k winds. My casih sprayer can put the pressure down to 18 lbs and still have spray pattern. Otherwise I am at 30 psi. And then a lot of times I do leave a strip or two and come back later or do them strips earlier. Really does not take that much time to do. Did get hired man to spray I think he got close to drifting onto neighbour we may have some damage, everyone must learn will pay for damages of course. I think I pick and choose more than neighbours do. Typically do not have to spray in order planted. Yards sites get the utmost care. Typically I think spraying where the wind is in direction not just drifting wind of people working or yardsites townsites can be avoided. Really pissesme off when it happens.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...