• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is typical for soft wheat Andrew purity?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is illegal to advertise common seed by variety name. Got to be carefull what your selling because of plant breeders rights. Its not worth it .

Comment

well I will just take it back. Only going to deal with niebours a guy can trust. DNA expected to be done tomorrow. Since they know my intension of DNA they will not give the visual count results

Comment

I knew it visual not reliable,

Comment

True life is too short and I am not losing any sleep over this

Comment

CGC showed 6 percent hard red visual count. Sample now at Discovery for DNA who would not tell the visual count on account of my intention to do DNA after the visual. Oh what ever.

Comment

Hopper,

"Sources of off-types in
              pedigreed seed of common spring wheat. Can. J. Plant Sci. 84: 519–523. This survey reports on the number and type of offtypes
              observed in purity of variety small-scale field plots of common spring wheat. Generally, contamination levels were <0.02%,
              out-crossing rates using awnedness as an indicator were <0.002%, gliadin fingerprint variants were <0.01%, and mechanical
              admixtures were <0.01%. Contamination levels were rarely above acceptable impurity tolerances, indicating that the Canadian
              pedigreed seed certification system, as prescribed by the Canadian Seed Growers’ Association, currently recommends operating
              procedures that achieve high seed purity."

When we did our roguing on SWSW Sadash we were allowed 6 maximum off types of all wht plants (including Red Wheat) in 10,000 plant count for Certified. Foundation is 1 in 10,000 plants max impurity.

Comment

Still awaiting DNA.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...