• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskfarmer3 ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskfarmer3 ?

What special thing would happen if you got to 50 quarters? It was a goal but cannot goals be movable? When I split up with ex and we did the divorce I realized she was willing to sell me out for the almighty dollar. In the end that went against her as I was able to use it against her. In reality she could have got 2 dollars when she settled for one. Kinda sorta. In your case and seen it in the past that the farm was built in only a few short years of good purchases, sure you have been around a long time, soon to be destroyed by just gotta have them few more and why??? At one point maybe it was to be economical. You lost that point, your past economical, more into astronomical. Really gotta question the hang up of 10 more quarters.

20 percent happier of course!

Seriously tho, Its good to have goals.

Comment

Quiet he is thinking ! or Seeding

Comment

Only reason why I relate to ex is that on divorce is the moment I knew that expansion was over. Got one anhydrous driver always asks of the family and we talk about families. On mothers day he asks grinning, so did you phone all 3 mothers of the kids and wish them all happy mothers day? Not sure I'll just remember that one.

Comment

4 kids 3 mothers if anyone wondering and no I did not wish them happy mother's day LOL.

Comment

Actually hopper very good observation. I
            have had a goal since I took over the
            farm way back. That was to get it to 50
            quarters some time.
            I believe every one should have goals
            but like your divorce every once in a
            while you have to reevaluate your goals.
            It happened all along my journey to
            where the farm is now.
            Yes we had the discussion today at the
            farm.
            1. Do we need the extra 10 quarters.
            Answer was easy, at todays prices NO!
            2. Do we need more work. Answer is No!
            3. If the RedARmy thinks land is over
            valuated maybe learn from a very
            successful businessman.
            It is probably the toughest thing in the
            world to sit back and watch property
            change hands and you know deep down
            history will repeat it self. Build
            Savings and Infastructure for the next
            down turn.
            I might be wrong but 1928 for my
            grandfather, 1960s for dad and 1980s for
            me plus all the fun times in between.
            So yes hopper the plan and my goals have
            changed yet again. Comeon if one is
            having fun at what their doing and
            making some money, maybe the plan wasnt
            that bad.
            Sorry about the divorce. When I got
            married the wife and I decided that if
            we ever did split she would be paid so
            much over 10 years. Were still together
            ha. I guess she knows she will out live
            me. HA HAH HAHAH.

Comment

Good on you, and I admire the couples that manage to stay together with all the lifes difficulties. Just got off the phone with ex and the 7 year old was invited to a birthday party locally here. Both kids would love to see each other. Ex agrees to drop the daughter off at swimming pool like one town block away. I asked if she could pick her up at friends place, this her day off at 5 thirty, Sat. 20 minutes drive. No way in hell that is going to happen, gas costs money. Guess I will stop the drill for the hour and pick her up to take her home. I pay her 1500 tax free dollars per month.

Comment

I got a friend just in the early days of
                one! Not good times!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Some women today make me wanna cry! Its all
                  about them, sad cause kids are the losers.

What ever happened to death do us part?

Comment

What ever happened to when we first met? I always thought money was in the way. Most collaberate on funds and purchases and holdidays. I had to pay all. she saved up 150 thousand of her wages in 5 years then blew it on hnu. So now she wants another relationship. It don't work that way.

Comment

Whenever we face a setback in our "game plan" it is a traumatic experience, whether it be relationships or career paths.
                      The trick is to learn from the experience, adjust to the new reality and move forward.
                      Divorce is little different than a death of someone you cared for (death of a relationship). You have to go through the grieving process and if you do it properly you come out a much wiser person....and much more contented.
                      If you can find a good program like "Divorce Care" I would suggest you attend? Many churches offer it and while it does have a religious slant, the really important thing you will get out of it is meeting and talking to others who are going through the same thing as you.
                      I speak from experience....been there, done that.
                      Don't "self medicate" or look for a quick new relationship fix. It doesn't work.

Comment

Hopper, with your permission, on this
                        thread, can we talk about divorce? I have
                        gone thru that too.

Comment

Aw heck, stress is normal- how we deal with it is the key life. Having said that I guess I'm not very good at it.
                          This winter realized most all my dreams gone. As soon as I said that to my self I kicked my own ass and made new ones. I still got it pretty good.
                          My case may be unique in that all the 'death' analogies don't apply.
                          Sadly good counselling is like hens teeth and carries a stigma. 4 out of 5 are screwballs.
                          If the story might be helpful ask for e-mail.
                          If you have kids your 'married' to her for life. So very difficult to avoid the unhealthy behaviour.
                          Not much you can legally do about the assets except watch her cash dwindle and your assets appreciate.
                          It seems there is less you can do to help your children adjust in a healthy way. As the father I feel like your hands are tied and you're always eating shit. Just try and get certain help for your kids and see how far you get! Can't say more on that one right now. You MUST always take the high road. And think through everything you say.
                          Other than that nothing has changed. I write all the checks, babysit on demand and agree with everything. For now. However in my case it is cheaper this way. already said too much

Comment

Guys the only way I can relate to you
                            guys is that I did a long time ago date
                            a friend of mines X wife for a while.
                            Didnt work out well. Lost two friends in
                            that deal. My wife was married for two
                            years back about 25 years ago. So Im out
                            on the conversation. I also see what my
                            friend and also a neighbor is going
                            through, Not good and the Kids end up
                            having issues. Take care.

Comment

Life is what you make of it, we are done and started spraying in crop and neighbors still scrambling to get done and fighting with family members. Some things are self explanitory.
                              BTW we farm more than some not finished, as do many others.
                              But then again we started too early. too cold, too whatever... It's not how much you farm it is what you farm efficiently. That lends itself to family issues or not at the end of the day. JMO
                              But we only farm 42 1/4's, so small nuts in todays penut butter. And no signs of supermanitiss so far. We know what we can handle, good weather or bad and do not chase dirt - ever. Not saying anyone that to where it is super wet but localy it is sad to watch........ There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...