• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spraying in cool temps.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraying in cool temps.

Was about to go spray roundup early this morning and there was a bit of frost.So I thought I better wait till it warms up a bit. Sprayed yesterday till dark it was 11 degrees then. My question when temps are cool what is the effects on a good preseeding burnoff?

It wont work if it is too cold the plant has to be activly growing. Sprayed in the spring once when it was below 10c waisted my time.

Comment

Above 10 c no rain you will be ok.

Comment

I would just wait till the sun took care of the light frost. Have not had glyphosate not work yet. If the glypho is on the plant and the day is going to be sunny and warming up should be good to go. I would be worried about spraying untill dark. You should have quit 2 to 3 hours before dark cause them plants sweated the glyphosate off all night. Through an extra half liter on for good measure. Its cheap.

Comment

quite common in australia to spray glypho after light frosts

Up your glypho rate 20% and use a adjuvacant/wetter called LI700 plus some spray oil as well and increase water rates up to 80 lt per ha.Presume you are tankmixing to take pressure of glypho on its on.

Also depends on number of frosty morning if youve had 8 in a row or the likes yep dont spray but if its number one or two no dramas

A common herbicide to add to glypho to make it work better on frosty morning is Goal or oxyflurofen or another Ecopar pyraflufen-ethyl both improve glypho on frosty morning 100%
          cheers hope it hellps

Comment

Thanks for the info. Started up when the sun was warming things up this morning. Went till 1 hour before dark. Hoping I get good results but putting RRcanola on that so if not will go back in and spray early in crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...