• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola what will the stats canada acreage be!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola what will the stats canada acreage be!!!

Where is every one guessing on stats
    canada's acreage for canola.
    My guess is number will be 21 but the real
    number after seeding will be 19.2.

New to site, you guys have been making me laugh so I thought I'd join. Best guess is stats can makes it 21.5 and 20.2 gets seeded.

Comment

Have no idea but this is knew,

European ****seed Crop Prospects Dim
      4/23/2012

Reports are coming in from several market participants that the European ****seed crop will drop to a five-year low this season. Abnormally harsh winter conditions are to blame for the decreased production prospects.

Hamburg-based Oil World estimates the crop will come in at approximately 18.5 million tons, down sharply from last year's 19.1 million tons.

Alarming reports have been received recently from Germany, Poland and France indicating greater-than-expected damage from winter killing.

It appears that the European food processing and biodiesel industry will again be facing tight supplies, which will support prices.

Comment

new, shutup

Comment

Hopper, are you sure it isn't gnu?

Comment

That European canola is a real wildebeest. Can't seem to take a bit of cold weather!

If they gnu better, they'd grow it in East Africa. Now that would be new, wouldn't it? Or maybe we all knew this aleady?!?

Comment

22 but reality maybe 20.
              Dry summer lower yields less supply?
              If demand stays $15 plus.

Comment

I guess a large chunk of Albertan's don't care about property rights. Weird.

Comment

Agree. REDford and Olsen etc are NDP/Lib at heart.
                  WRP are the new right.
                  PC the new Libs.
                  Alberta has become increasingly urban/labor/social etc. It's a shadow politically of what it once was. Perhaps a symptom of too much success for too long. I now envy to some degree Sask.
                  On the bright side we have an opposition. WRP was obviously green and was very reminiscent of early Reform. Now is not the time to quiet our libertarian beliefs.
                  Note the close percentages between WRP & REDs in some ridings. Certified bum-kins losing to PC by only a few votes. Will the REDs pull this knotted rope thru their ears? Hopefully makes for an interesting legislature.

Comment

Property rights are not enshrined in our constitution (if it helps).
                    They certainly aren't on the radar for the majority of voters (obviously).
                    What do they mean for the majority of voters? 8-5 fixed incomes with a house and lot if their lucky.
                    Remember, we are a few generations removed from anyone who earned these rights.
                    And they don't seem to hold a large place at the core of Canadian culture in general.
                    In short, you can't win a three-legged race in Canada on property rights alone. Sad but true.

Comment

I knew their gnu were there and they're new....this sentence works unless more than one gnu is pluralized by gnus....for those confused....knew, new, gnu...there, their, they're.

Comment

[URL="http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/120424/t120424b001-eng.htm"]acreage intentions[/URL]

Comment

[URL="http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/albertavotes2012/#/5"]results[/URL]

Comment

Also, "nu".

But a tourettian pirate and arctic, that's bad.

What is really worse though is "loose, and lose"

Comment

THis is reminiscent of the early reform days, lots of my friends continued to vote PC instead of Reform for a couple of elections federally. Old habits die hard, and lots of their parents had engineering contracts with the Government. People are slow to change. ONce the provincial P.C.'s continue to not balance the books, 1/2 of the voters will move to WRP and they will win the next election. All and all, VERY scary times in Alberta, and very disapointing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...