• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mutual fund M.E.R.s

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutual fund M.E.R.s

If I invest in an investment house's Mutual fund "A" and in that fund, some of the money is invested in the same investment house's fund "B"
    Am I paying the MER (management expense ratio) on the moneys in fund "B" twice (tax on tax style).

Or is the money, fund "A" has in fund "B", exempt from MER costs, because it is from the same investment house?

grrr,

This is a frustrating experience... and shows the lack of respect for property rights in Canada.

As far as control... it is not worth the risk... a good camera will get the best results IF pictures can be taken of the license plate and face...

of the offender during the trespass breach.

It is not worth getting shot over... those who trespass without concern for those who farm... may carry guns and know how to use them better than us.

So shoot with a good camera... the results will be much better for everyone... especially your family!

Comment

We had a city couple move in down the road from our place years back,they figured they owned all the land in the community.They went where ever they pleased with there quads and 4 by 4's and tore up everyones land in the community.They would get drunk all weekend and then the fun would begin.Police were called and they did nothing,neighbours went and seen these people and whatever we said just fell on deaf ears.One saturday afternoon i could here them tearing up one of our quarters,and i just had enough and so did the community.I knew that for them to get off the quarter they were on,that they would have to drive through a quarter with a lot of bush,and would give me lots of places to set up and not be seen.Well when they were done tearing up that quarter and were coming through that next quarter,i let that old 7 give her a few cracks and a couple of very well placed hits,and i would imagine a few of those hits were rather loud inside of the cab.They must have phoned the cops when they got home,because we had a visit by the police that evening.All they asked us was if he we had heard shots that day as someone had reported poachers,all we told them it was a very peaceful day and it has been since that day.I don't advise anyone to do this now a days,because you will end up in jail yourself,and they will still be tearing up your land.

Comment

shoot,shovel,shut up?

Comment

The only smart words that Ralph Klein ever spoke.

Comment

Right on TNT!

The farmer who ran over a broken down ski doo
            with his tractor got jail time. How did the farmer
            in central AB make out? He chased down some
            robbers and used a shot gun against one.

Wiebo Ludwig took things too far.

Comment

What we are talking about is a complete lack of respect for other people and their property.
              The solution should lie in such remedies as the $2000 fine for deliberate tresspassing on other people's property in Sask. Unfortunately, there has been no attitude change by tresspassers since the law was enacted.
              Landowners would probably unanamiously agree that consent should and must be obtained before entering another persons pesonal spaces. But a large segment of society seems to view this matter in a totally differet light.
              There is a movement affoot in SE Sask to do something more about these problems. One of the local councillors has taken a stand; and promises some organizing for upcoming hunting season access control to private property. And it is just about time that some widespread support be shown. BUT WHERE IS THE WILL TO GIVE THAT SUPPORT!!!

Surely we need to demonstrate that we are not timid, or cowardly, or afraid to take a stand on issues that clearly should not be controlled by skidooers, rv riders and 4x4 juveniles and people of any age who have never reached the mental age of small children.
              And just how much help have your elected officials ever been to solving this deliquent problem?

Comment

Hey in manitoba you can chop your wife up with a axe and get away with it... As per court case in winnipeg...

Comment

It would end fairly quickly if the lawmakers, courts and
                  police would just get together and enact a law that
                  would see the vehicles seized and forfeited if you were
                  caught trespassing. Take away their toys and they'll
                  soon learn where to play.

Comment

Years ago small plane landed on my land and caught a hunter walking from plane. Told him to take a hike. Reported him to cops and told cops was not charging him he just needs a attitude change. The guy got real PO'd at me and said he could no longer hunt from his plane and he loved doing that and it was all my fault.

Comment

It's unfortnate farmers do not have the same property rights as towns people. If someone was taking their quad or snowmobile tearing up city property, the idot would be dealt with, but not in rural Sask. I'd like to see a bounty on the those sob's town and city dewellers that seem to think all ruarl land is their own recreational paradise to use as they see fit. Maybe what we need is a bounty on those sob's, I hear a coyote is worth a $100.00 maybe a recreational land user on your property would be worth $50.00 and you keep their quad or snowmobile. Of coarse I'm just kidding, but like this thread suggest's, somthing has to done about this increasly out of control problem.

Comment

I agree dalek, it's time to put some teeth in landowners property rights.

Comment

We are headed in the opposite direction. Absolutelely everyone thinks they have their own legitimate interest in your rural land.
                          And they are encouraged and validated by such government entities as Sask Crop Insurance. Are you aware of the requirement to allow hunting on your land if you want to collect any Wildlife damages.
                          And just why should anyone feel threatened when confronted by trespassers and their usual totally inappropriate attitude and behavior. There are darn few people brave enough (or stupid enough) to asert their actual rights.
                          As is so true in the long run; "the level of injustice you will receive is exactly the level that you will tolerate"

Comment

Do you guys even drive a quad like WT, Get out a little bit. Mind you I don't have city dwellers tearing up my fields just locals and it happens deal with it, relax a little. I remember asking in a distant local bar once if there are trails or can I ride my quad around here and my goodness the silence would kill.

Comment

About 4 years ago a neighbor of mine who doesn't farm a lot of land but it is spread out a lot, was about to seed one of his more distant 1/4's. All had looked well from the road, but when he worked his way around to the far side of the 1/4, he found about 5 acres destroyed by 4x4 trucks. He was not impressed and relax was the furthest word from his mind. By the time he went home, got another tractor and a disk, leveled the ruts, more than half a day was gone. Oh, he did make a couple of bucks on the empties he picked up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...