• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB vs DCA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB vs DCA

Any thoughts on the advantage of using the
    CWB pooling versus doing your own Dollar
    Cost Averaging by selling one sixth of
    your crop every month for six months?

Considering you don't know when you commit your grain to the pool what they
    expect for a price, I would say they don't set expectations very high.

I was never a fan of selling one sixth or one twelfth to get an average. Manage
    your sales based on fundamental and technical info and you should beat the pool
    everytime.

And you can mange your cashflow better.

Comment

LEP

Just by selling one sixth or one twelvth at a time you will do better than the cwb because more than likely, you know your final price and your average as you go. You can also sell two twelvths in a month if the price is at your liking.

The cwb never guaranteed anything. The federal government guaranteed the initial and the cwb's PROs meant nothing.

Comment

WD9,

I too have been using the CWB pool as a residual last resort sales tool... as since 2000 we have been allowed to 'DCA' to some extent... partially outside CWB pools. It will be truly 'interesting' to see if CWB prices reflect the cash market... or continue to favour pooling customers.

We need to see. I have no indication where they are even headed yet.

Comment

That certainly is the challenge. It will
          be quite interesting, now that everything
          is wide open, how the CWB will perform in
          a basically cash offering market.

Somewhere along the line though, you gotta
          pay for all the overhead to keep the cwb
          running and getting stroked by grain
          transportation.

Comment

WD9,

Being the lowest cost service provider... of the highest quality product... will be the needed goal of the CWB.

There are tons of alternate transport and handlers... the incremental increased business is always the least cost. It will be the CWB's challenge to capitalise on this handling model.

Comment

That deal they struck with Cargil does that mean only Cargill will handle CWB grains?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...