• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody pricing?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullshit, has always been a big part of
    malt production and acceptance. When
    lots produced and offered, only the best
    will doo. When little is produced or
    available, the rest is the best. Seen
    it time and time agin. This NOW is
    only gonna get worse, cousin of outright
    corruption entering the system. Buy us
    a bottle and kiss our potoots, maybe a
    bit of teabagging and your malt might,
    just might make the grade. Depending on
    your skill levels........

Comment

Never grew malt barley but every year would hear my neighbours bitch about being gypped, ripped-off, rooked and deceived by the Malsters...but what did they do?

Right, they did the same damned thing the next year hoping for that elusive pot of gold. Bought newer and better varieties...same results...buyers are in charge. Suck it up and take the feed price and curse and fume and swear but things are not going to get better.

Comment

You are right wilagro.

Neighbors were asking about nexera canola and all I said was it alot like malt barley. It might get picked up but you never know but between malt and nexera they seem to find enough farmers to try it every year.

Right now nexera canola is worth less than conventional, so premiums disappear and farmers are storing it. Same thing with malt.

The malt industry can **** off for as far as I am concerned. They have had a sweet deal for far to long. They can start paying the freight from argentina and when it gets here as feed, let them sell to the feedlots for less than their cost.

Comment

What drives me nuts is the marginal "premium" over feed barley price they pay for malt quality. I shouldn't make this statement, it is an assumption, but I have a feeling the domestic malt industry got to cherry pick--only the best, China could have the rest. Maybe under the new system the domestic market might have to pay up for high quality malt, otherwise load it into a vessel and let China have it!!

Comment

Its like a game of poker and the malt industry is about to have their hand called.

They have maybe upped the ante by saying they will buy from argentina but its a weak hand/bluff that may cost them more on the next hand.

Comment

Didn't intend to steer Ronskis post in the wrong direction.
              Everything everyone says here, I agree with.
              I would like to add however, that it's kinda nice to see all the negativity from those who either can't grow malt agronomically, or because they haven't learned how. More for me.

Comment

We are looking good here.

Bernake and the europe talking tomorrow,strong tech
                signals and positioning taking place,hopefully not a
                bull trap.

Managed money in soybeans has gone from short to
                long.

All good things to those that wait.

Comment

Hrs Viterra at 7.25 sept #2 13.5. Sold soybeans at 11.75 old crop.

Comment

MALT BARELY has bragging rights attached
                    ta it, thats why its grown, tiny little
                    bonus is silly. THAT IS ALSO WHY MALT
                    BARELY IS A THING OF THE PAST, COUSIN
                    THERE IS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FRAUD AND
                    BULLSHIT ATTACHED TA IT.........

Comment

Most recent price 10% Canola yesterday , Sept off combine delivery , positive $10 basis . That brings us to 35% sold on Canola . We have a malt contract for 500t direct to a major US Company - it sounds very similar to FarmRanger - but should net out at just over $6 after delivery to US border (from Regina area) . Specs are similar to our Canada Malt contract specs of the last 3 years . This year Canada Malt simply could not compete on price . Some CPS priced but hope to do more soon .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...