• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

powerlines and corruption

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

powerlines and corruption

The Alberta government will go ahead with 2 new multi-billion dollar lines. The PC cabinet, including Redford, Horner, Morton, Griffiths Hayden etal, awarded exclusive contracts to ATCO and Altalink without a competitive bidding process. Guess who made political contributions and sponsored the PC convention. This stinks worse than the Liberal sponsorship scandal.

Business as usual in AB though - looks like the
    electorate is sleep walking into electing the same
    shower again.

Comment

Where do we vote fer the Conservatives?

Comment

My power bill is bad enough as it is!

Comment

For the first time in forty years we do have an option?
          For most of us out in the rural areas that option is the Wildrose Party, that is the only real option, a vote for any other party is the same as not voting? If you don't agree with the Wildrose option then I guess you will have the same old gang running the show and nothing will change.
          The Wildrose Party has stated very clearly the four land bills will go, the lines will not be built, and they will bring in a property rights protection act, so future governments can never steal your land again!

Comment

ASRG,

The new School Act is about as helpful as Bill 50. It brings the Alberta Human Rights Commission right into our private homes.. by making our homes into 'schools'... and because we educate people/students here at home... the Alberta Gov. have the right to tell us what to say and teach to our young people.

REDford is .... Can't describe it.; how she is trying to jam this all down our throats.

Sun had an excellent news article on this issue this morning.

Comment

The wiltedroses are worse than the
              Conservatives, they are the ultra
              Conservatives, wantin private medicine,
              big businesses and other teaparty type
              ideas, forced down the troats of
              Alberties. Nope, theys wolves in sheeps
              clothing, DON'T VOTE FER THEM, THEY REALLY
              EAT YOUS UP.........

Comment

Burbert I am not real comfortable with some aspects of the Wildrose either but at this point it doesn't matter - they are the ONLY chance of getting the current lot out which is a necessity. It's time to hold your nose and vote Wildrose. Elect them and we can always vote them out next time around. Leave Morton and Co in power and they might just announce they won't be holding elections in future.

Comment

I agree with grassfarmer. Vote PC nothing changes. Vote Liberal or NDP nothing changes, because no way are they going to get more than a few seats in the cities.You're only option is Wildrose.
                  Burbet: You might want to check out the WRP policy section on democratic reform and transparency?
                  Every vote in the caucus and legislature will be a free vote with MLAs able to vote their constituencies desires?
                  Recall and voter initiative will be legislated.
                  A strengthened Privacy commissioner, where a gov. ministry will have to prove that there is a good reason before any FOIP request is denied....much different than the present situation where the government routinely denies any FOIP request that might embarass it?
                  A stable and independent Auditor General and Elections Commissioner.
                  Fixed election dates, fixed budget dates, fixed legislative sessions.

Comment

Theys lying to ya. Politicos'll say
                    anthing ta get elected, then they to will
                    start stealing from ya. Beter ta vote fer
                    the devil that you nose, rather than the
                    devil ya don't nose...........

Comment

Burbert: go back to the first post in this thread.
                      That is what the discussion is about. WE don't have
                      a clue whether or not these lines are required
                      because there has not been an open public hearing
                      process through the EUB to determine the need and
                      the cost allocation. What we do know is that both
                      Atco and Altalink have their hooks into the PCs big
                      time and what we do know is that we consumers
                      will pay the shot for construction costs and the two
                      above mentioned culprits get the lines handed to
                      them and we do know that your property rights
                      have been expropriated by cabinet to make this all
                      happen. I have read the Wildrose Policy and while
                      parts of their philosophy creep me out, parts of
                      their platform are far superior to "the devil we
                      know" which has become completely out of control
                      and governed by hubris. In my riding, it's an easy
                      call. The Wildrose challenger is a far superior
                      candidate to the sitting (cow patty) incumbent. If
                      nothing else, a powerful opposition would be a hell
                      of an improvement.

Comment

I don't know who Rockpiles MLA is but sounds just like my PC MLA!
                        When the flap over property rights really started to ramp up after they rammed bill 24 through (Carbon Capture), he had his little column in the paper saying if anyone had any questions about them.....just contact him...he's here to listen!
                        So having lots of querstions I wrote him a letter, phoned for an appointment, stopped in at his office....guess what? He wouldn't see me!
                        He wouldn't respond to anyone who might actually know anything! He had no problem lying to old 80 year old farmers.....but he wouldn't talk to anyone who knew anything about property rights!
                        I'm doing everything in my power to get rid of him!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...