• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northgate SK; To be frank its none of your or my business

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northgate SK; To be frank its none of your or my business

Its been condensed down to a few words. Lets the comments come from all others. I promise not to post to this thread.

dustyroad posted Feb 11, 2012 10:56

some one is going to be very embarassed when they find out what is going on with the land. I have nothing to do with council nor this land but wont tell because, to be frank its non of your or my business

what the f#!k does this have to do with commodity marketing??????

post this crap elsewhere!!

Comment

I agree as well

Comment

Duhhhhhhhh, land is a commodity!

Comment

Burbert.

They haven't got their gloves up high enough in the air to catch your thought.

"I think public perception is a big part when you talk about selling" - Ed Wade

Funding supplyers are insisting that before grants to communities are allocated that the recipients have a detailed plan outlining their objectives. No plan and expect your community to be placed at the bottom of the funding list. Pleadings are going out that the ratepayer input is vital for this plan development.

I guess this council didn't get the memo, and when they do get around to asking how the RM should develop, who the hell is going to respond. (my two bits)

Comment

dustyroad posted Feb 11, 2012 16:38
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            What exactly is it that has you so fired up about Northgate? Do you live there? Do you have land in the area? I don't understand. Or is it the pure fact that you don't know what is going on and it is driving you crazy? You say that you attend council meetings - why aren't you on council? Do you feel you are too good for them and your ideas too brilliant so you're just going to sit back and annoy them instead? Have you considered the fact that possibly they are forced into "secret" meetings because of you and your actions? I'm sure that the accusations you have tossed out on this forum time and time again aren't limited to this avenue. I've read some of your other posts here and you seem to have a common topic - your RM council is conspiring against you and the rest of the ratepayers. It would be one thing if you would have left your RM nameless, but you have actually named it. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to then figure out who you are claiming used "insider information" to make a profit. Do YOU have the FACTS to back those statements up with? You seem to want everyone else to lay out the facts they have - where's yours? Your's are pure and simple assumptions you have conjured up in your own mind. Have you considered the fact that possibly they don't know? That its possible this "entity" has chosen to remain nameless and anonymous until they have finished securing said land. And if you are so concerned about the future of Northgate where were you a year ago when the government decided to cease their postal services? The residents weren't given a choice there. They were told. Seems to me you are just jealous of the land sales happening. Infact you stated that neither you nor I were going to get "in on that action". I think it is driving you crazy to see this land selling for the prices you say it is. I say "good for them". Have you considered the possiblity that whatever money your RM has sold the lots for there will be used to benefit the RM somewhere else where funds wouldn't have otherwise been able to be alloted to? Maybe you need to step back off your high horse and think about the other possibilities instead of being so quick to lay blame and assume the worst in people. You say you want to see more people take action and be involved in RM issues and council, but how many people are going to be willing to step up and put themselves out there knowing there is a malicious and ignorant person judging and monitoring their every move. This personality is exactly the reason these types of decisions aren't put out for public knowledge. Putting such information out before all the facts are known is dangerous.I can see you being upset if such an unknown "facility" development was being erected beside your house - but is it? Then what right do you have? Is it a possibility the purchased lots are actually possibly going to be developed into more housing? Do you actually have a CLUE? Sounds to me like you're just speculating and starting rumors yourself. Why not be patient and see how the whole scenario plays out before getting your underwear in a knot? Regardless of if its oil or grain as others have speculated don't either of these commodities have the ability to boost your local economy? And shouldn't that be considered a positive?

Comment

jackspratwhynot posted Feb 12, 2012 1:11

I respond with the hope that this is not a complete waste of my time.

I understand the reeve says all public lands at Northgate have been sold; but I know it has not been registered with ISC yet. Absolutely no details are provided by council; or that ratepayers even got enough to pay for the administrators time; land transfer costs; title searches; value of surveying literally handreds of lots, streets and lanes; and a whole townsite probably provided to one buyer (with no possibility for public input). I have requested information and been denied any details. Whatever the deal; it has been deliberately hidden from the public. No mention made in the Council Minutes monthly summary given to the newspaper.
              I have several lands in the RM; and the combined assessments of land, improvements, oil wells, facilities and improvements on those lands is amongst the highest (if not the greatest) of any other landowner that I can think of.
              My ideas are not apparently well received by some persons who have quite viciously attacked me. In fact I believe I am in the same blacklist that a councillor once told me "No matter what request (a certain businessman) came to council with; that he would get a negative response (from that councillor).
              I have more education than most of my peers and am not ashamed of it. Neither have I mentioned (more than three or four times in my entire life) those suffixes that I am entitled to add to the end of my signature. I have to sit back at council chambers because my input has rarely if ever been sought by council. However, I have spent countless hours sharing all my knowledge with anyone who has ever approached me. I am proud to think that those people (sometimes from the most unexpected places) still frequently come to me for advice and expertise on several areas that I have some expertise. I can't ever recall asking for or receiving one cent for that "free advice". I am half decent at researching and digging up details; and certainly not afraid to ask questions; or defend causes that may not currently seem to have popular support.
              I do not agree with your characterization of myself; and have no idea on how you came to your conclusions. However I can accept that you do believe what you have said; and I will still sleep soundly tonight. I hope that someday everyone will be able to think for themselves.
              I know my limitations and mistakes I've made; and can pick out mistakes in logic and facts in other people's arguments. I learn from debates and discussions and occassional arguments.

It is true that many ratepayers (possibly even yourself) believe that council meetings must be conducted in secret; and for that reason alone I would never again consider a council position (under present attitudes and circumstances). I would be knowingly breaking the Municipal Act or be a part of a council that conducts itself in those manners..
              Further; electors such as yourself will never have any intention of allowing someone such as myself at the council table. It is quite possible that many council members would work as diligently as they ever have to ensure that persons such as myself never sat at a council table. I can accept that fate; and rationalize that I will secretly thank them for relieving me from the work required to properly fulfil a council position. After all it should involve wide consultation with the division ratepayers; research and thought, many unpaid hours; and not having council always meet the expectations of all ratepayers at every time.
              I know for a fact that in the past I have won a position on council by defeating the incumbant with about 85% of the votes. So at least one time in the past (if not the present); there was some confidence of the ratepayers placed on myself. I could still point to some of my proposals that still provide tangible benefits to the municipality. On my own terms; I resigned for reasons that I would not endure any longer.
              You and people of your ilk are only interested in making sure that dissenting views, every idea and suggestion contrary to your beliefs is thwarted and given no opportunity for a public hearing.
              I have no CLUE as to what will finally transpire with future developmentat Northgate. I know some of the concerns and questions and protections that should be asked and addressed before final approval of any proposal. People such as dustyroad and cottonpicken and council members have no intention to sharing the inside information that they claim to possess. This information can potentially be used for personal gain from any entrepeneur; and for those in public office there is a further requirement to declare any potential conflicts of interest as it pertains to council decisions and perceptions on matters such as sale of RM property. Contact Municipal advisors in Regina if that isn't clear to any reader. That obligation rests solely on the shoulder of anyone to whom it applies.
              I am looking for the facts and there are those who arrogantly and inappropriately would deny everyone (including myself). You could at least refer me to how you learned the details; that all the above named persons admit they possess. There is a story here; and it will and should come out.

There are those who have diverted this into a pissing match amongst skunks. I intended to only seek the facts before it is to late to offer input that could maximize the benefits of what should be potentially competing offers and options for development. I will not accept development plans that are deliberately hidden from the "owners" of public property.
              Now if it turns out that no one knows what the plans are; who the non-Canadians are; and what the real agenda, plans and intentions are; then always remember that I wanted to and tried to ask those questions; and the general public had even less knowledge than even myself.

And I, and the interested public, am no wiser about what cottonpicken, dustyroad or council members know.
              If this project doesn't turn out to involve a Chicago base company (which other persons know is for Canadian oil speculated to be sent to Chinese destinations) desirous of 250,000 barrels per month; to be ramped up to 2,000,000 barrels per month; then there were at least two inteseted parties. Was the first interest accepted without even checking out other potential proposals? And did anyone consider about potash transportation requirement for all the new mines; not to mention processiong, nearby Bakken oil fields that may well soon extend a few or many miles in every direction.
              Thats about all I have to say; but probably not what many want to hear.

There may well come a time when I may become fully "cynical and disengaged". You know they even have special sessions at SUMA conventions as to how to deal with such persons. That proves to me that there are quite a few around the province and that municipal leadership has not fully lived up to their responsibilities in a supposed democratic country.
              IP: Logged
              Edit?

Reply to this Thread

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...