• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions: We have retitled a couple of the inactive forums.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any suggestions: We have retitled a couple of the inactive forums.

Thanks for the email suggestions and good ideas.

We have added a Women In Agriculture forum so our members can share information and ideas.

We have also added an Agriville Classified Ad Posting Area for people to post free Buy and Sell ads.

If you have any other ideas and suggestions we have a couple of other forums that do not get much use and we could retitle them as well.

Just click on the Community Centre link in the header above or go to this url [URL="https://www.agriville.com/community/"] https://www.agriville.com/community/ [/URL]

Thanks,

Joe Dales
    Agriville Farms.com
    joe.dales@farms.com
    877 438-5729 x5013

A couple of the other ideas that have been mentioned are a Farm Humour Forum and a General Topic Forum (Sports, Politics, etc.)

Let me know what you think?

Just a thought, is it possible to have all posts come through some sort of main page and also in the different categories? Myself I would like to scan all topics from one list. could you list their topic under a certain category but also have all posts show up on one page also???? You see a lot of us talk something other than grain marketting under grain marketting cause that is what gets noticed. And I would like to see all topics under one spot.

Comment

Could it be set up in such a way that a person can set up his own personal in that if one person wants to watch grain marketting and women and accounting, another can set up so he or she can see all Cattle, hogs, and politics, another could have off farm investment, grain marketting, and machinery.

Comment

I'd like to see a "Letters to the Editor" section. That means complete with the name of the contributor; and the post sticking to topics of concern and void of deliberate libellous statements and slander.
        Hot air and B.S; as well as size of balls; retards etc. could be more quickly and accurately determined.
        And fortunately; "Letters to the Editor" are effective and one of the few tested and fair ways to express opinions.
        A built-in spell checker would be helpful.
        As for the "Women's section"; thats another attempt at segregation into the "Women's bonspiel" way of doing things. Until the root causes of women' general lack of participation (with rare exceptions) are examined ; there will be little progress on that front.
        There definately needs to be a way to bring hot topics near the top of the list. They get buried and fragmented too quickly.
        And people off their meds should be sidelined until their condition has stabilized. It is insane to have them running the assylum.

Comment

How about an "Everything in one place" approach. The topics are all inter related in some form anyway. Keep the archives; but somehow highlight the unique; most thought provoking, insightful and varied opinions. Encourage educational posts, no matter what portion of the spectrum it comes from.

Comment

Another viable option might be to shut down this sometimes destructive site.

Comment

General Topic forum leave the rest alone.

Comment

Combine Forum, under new posts shows latest posts from all topics.
                Old ones come up if new post.
                Probably the best set up.
                No doubt complex software, perhaps not free.
                http://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=287018

Comment

It would be nice to have the "quick switch" menu option working like it did six years ago. You know...the one just below the search window.

Comment

fjlip, there is lots of really good free apps. Joe, how many times are suggestions gonna be asked for yet this site has not changed a single thing since like forever? Have seen this too many times to bother with suggestions that never happen.

Overtired maybe hence the negative post from FarmTech which was awesome. Great venue and food.

Comment

Hey Joe (reminds me of one of my favourite Hendrix
                      songs). A little late responding but after observing
                      some of the posts on grain marketing I began to
                      wonder if a new thread titled "Politics and Public
                      Policy" might be appropriate. I recall an MP telling me
                      back in the 80's that if you find 3 farmers sitting
                      together in the coffee shop you have an official
                      political forum on your hands.

Comment

Good idea Rockpile.
                        Thanks,