• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get snow?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Coleville, not looking for sympathy, but thanks. it is just more proof we live in a very bizarre region of this province. We are in a little tiny piece of wet, cool, damp conditions. Consistently. Which can be a blessing, but often not. Our forecast is for two nights of -38 on wed. thurs. Highs of -31 I believe. Wouldn't be shocked if we were the only ones.

This area makes hudson bay, sk look like the tropics! When SF3 talks of going to tahiti or wherever, I always wonder why he don't just go to Hudson bay! Then i remember he is from down south. I know now though, why John deere used to send up prototypes to try to get their machines to tackle the toughest harvest conditions on earth. Me thinks they were on to something. lol

And pars, there is something strangely clean, glorious and awesome about a deep snowfall, especially once it gets to be -38 afterwards. Beautiful in a demented kind of way.

Comment

One positive, it's a very fluffy dry 12".
      Not much water in it, we hope.
      Forecast says another 12" this week possible!
      Hope it just goes to the "brown" areas.

Comment

FJ, how far north of Wadena are you?
        Fosston, Rose Valley?

Comment

Heading that way now, still nothing Regina
          to Balgonie except trace, its cold. But
          hey its Jan.

Comment

Hey Sask, where are you heading to? I hear Foam lake got a couple three inches. i am not sure how far north this goes, but it seems Saskatoon got 4-5 inches, and swan river about like us at 11-12 inches.

Breadwinner, what did you guys get?

Comment

Headed just to valley today then got the
              call that no grain hauling today since
              they were loading cars.
              Virtually no snow till valley. YEA>

Comment

FW, that's our towns. It's about 25 miles.
                How much E of Wadena are you?
                We have enough powder to "skidoo", and make ridges around the yard, so it sure can go to "brown" areas now!

Comment

FJ, I am about 20 miles northeast of Wadena, just east of the pothole country where the land is a bit higher, and more level. East of highway 38.

Comment

South of Wadena got about 4-6inches , winter
                    wheat still bare on the headlands. Going to get
                    too cold for winter wheat that isn't covered up .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...