• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democracy bandwagon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Democracy bandwagon

Through the whole CWB debate, the thing that pained me the most was the continued claims that the Pro CWB supporters were the protectors of democracy. The current blue print the Harper government is using could have easily come out of a CWB handbook. Ignore your opposition, Kick out your members who do not agree with your postion and never make any concessions. What the Harper government hasn't learned yet, is how to hide voters lists, claim voters are something other than what they are, crafting voter areas to their advantage and then never making any effort to check compliance to the principles of one person, one vote. The Harper government is treating western canadian farmers no different than what the CWB did. It just happens now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Did anyone ever think the cwb ballot was secret?
    They were not only numbered but encrypted. We
    torn the numbers off the corners of our envelopes
    that carried our ballots and they still phoned us
    and said they had our ballots in front of them. We
    had requested ballots because we did not have a
    permit book but grew feed wheat. That is one
    phone call I will never forget. I nearly had the big
    one as I could not believe it.

For what reason would they do that, you might
    ask. Why would they take such great pains to
    know how we voted? That was when we
    ordered ballots to vote for Flaman, cause he was
    one of the good guys. The irony of it all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...