• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MF Global

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MF Global

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/farmers-sue-jon-
    corzine-missing-millions/t/story?id=15321298

Parsley... Interesting, but not surprising, that the Montana farmers are suing Corzine
    and not MF Global.

Obviously because it is reported that John Corzine was worth 100 million in 2010, and
    MF Global is bankrupt.

For those who prefer executive summaries, the article states MF Global clients
    included 38000 farmers.

Class action claims Corzine is responsible because he was the CEO of MF Global.

Corzine has insisted he did not authorize illegal activities.

My take... If Corzine is found legally culpable his assets will be a small portion of MF
    Global's unfound money and liabilities.

However, I think he undeserving to benefit from his mismanagement and it should
    cost him his wealth.

Cheers... Bill

Comment

Further to above.... the Billings Gazette states the farmer's action includes Price
      Waterhouse Coopers and J P Morgan for enabling trading practices which cost the
      farmers.

Quote from Marty Klinker of Fairfield Montana...

"They bet the farm on European sovereign debt. I just didn't realize it was my farm
      they were betting"!

I wonder if hypothecation regulations will be amended?

This mess could eventually determine the security value of customer accounts,
      which the banks were hypothecating.... for both customers and the firms.

Cheers... Bill

Comment

USA Class action by farmers is in full bloom in the
        media circus today along with farmers-outrage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...