• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flax bids

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flax bids

anyone know of some $13 or $13.50 flax bids anywhere??

viterra mj is $12.33,should have sold when i could have got $14.

The seaway is closed and they are basically telling you not to sell with those bids. If they keep the bids low enough to not encourage acres the supply will be at an all time low next year. The Ukraine is dry right now and hurting winter wheat acres. Can't bode well for next years flax crop there.

Flax has to maintain a premium over canola or might as well grow canola.

January 2013 bids are closer to 13 so there is still a bull in flax.

Johnstons, I think, are still a bit higher than Viterra.

Just my opinion, its not worth much. 2008 flax ran up in february quite nicely.

Comment

i agree bucket, flax won't get an acre around here at these prices and i'm not selling whats in the bins at these prices.
      $15 for this year might get me thinking.

Comment

johnstons prices are higher until you phone in, or sample gets rejected when the price moves, or oh we just filled that but ...

for us 14 - 15 buys our flax anything lower than that it just doesnt work.

Comment

Sold most of it late last fall for "deferred delivery" at a reasonable price. Most of the quotes I got were for late delivery, that was telling me that they were filling up, so I decided to sell. Looking back I am glad I did because I don't like what I am seeing now. I am not saying it won't rebound but I am glad I am sold. Thank goodness there are markets other than Europe. We could always wait for China to come in and buy when it gets down to their price level. Alot can happen between now and new crop. Prices in my part of the world: Viterra-12.35 spot to May, Johnstons 12.75-13.00 FOB farm, Webers in the same range, Rayglen-12.75 to 13.50 Jan to June.

Comment

Too bad they don't compete to buy your flax.

Comment

They do, but not when can't move it because the seaway is closed.

Comment

Give us a call if you have flax for sale we ship bakery quality and industrial oil on a regular basis: Western Grain & Processing a division of Toepfer: 1 306 445 4022

Comment

We buy industrial oil and bakery quality flax, and believe this is a market worth investing time and energy in: 1306 445 44022 Western Grain a division of Toepfer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...