• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leroy, SK Ritchie Auction...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leroy, SK Ritchie Auction...

What's the deal? Anyone know? Curious why a new
    never used JD combine is going up for auction...

They bought them for tax purposes then rented out there land...

Comment

Heil, Harper!

Comment

Burbert,

You could have permanent brain damage now... we warned you!

Comment

HEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you all have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Comment

TOM, you either have a need to feed the trolls or are oblivious. Either way OO-RAH and Happy New Year!

Comment

I see....

Was just curious...

WIll probably see some of you at the auction. There's
              some bins there that we could use.

Comment

Blackpowder,

We wouldn't want them to feel left out of all the fun!

Happy New Year!!!

Comment

I fear you are drowning in your own hubris! Harper is a
                  one trick pony. I wouldn't doubt for one second that
                  this Country is the same as always - just some
                  imagined perception otherwise. While you celebrate
                  some new epiphany, continue to feed on your young.
                  It appears the further right you are, the deeper in debt
                  we get. Sheesh!

Comment

Last time I bought bins at an Auction sale I should have bought new Behlens instead. But never know gotta check it out.

Comment

Rockpile,

Take one look a few miles south across the 49th. $16Trillion will be soon $20T deficit? And what happened in 08 when the; Liberano's, Bloc, and ND's had a conniption and forced the government to spend the motherload or be turfed out.

Now we are throttling back on spending... just watch the squealing like was just done on health care.

Here is a good article to think about... tells the rest of the story... of where we are expected to be... from folks with a rational explanation:

How Harper's deficit plan fits into his long-term strategy

Stephen Gordon, Globe and Mail Blog, Posted on Monday, December 26, 2011 11:14 AM EST

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/stephen-gordon/how-harpers-deficit-plan-fits-into-his-long-term-strategy/article2283656/

This link will get you the whole story and the graphs.

"Maclean’s columnist Paul Wells has often pointed out that the best way of interpreting the patterns behind Stephen Harper’s Conservative government is to take the long view: examining incremental changes in trends instead of looking for grand gestures. This isn’t to say that the Conservative agenda is modest in scope. As anyone familiar with growth accounting knows, the cumulative effects of small changes in growth rates can be very large indeed.

This is why we should be paying more attention to the Department of Finance’s Fiscal Monitor, which publishes government expenditures and revenues on a monthly basis. These numbers are noisy and subject to important seasonal swings (for example, there’s always a surge in personal income tax revenues each spring as people file their returns), but they are still a useful way of keeping track of the government’s budget balance between budgets. In what follows, seasonal movements are dealt with by tracking 12-month moving sums.

In the first graph, we see that after a long stretch in which the deficit hovered around $35-billion a year, the annual deficit has finally gone below $30-billion. If the last five months of fiscal year 2011-12 are no worse than the last five months of last year, then the federal government should have no problem meeting its target of $32-billion for 2011-12.

But the real lesson is in the second graph, which traces out changes in revenues and expenditures. It is clear that government’s basic strategy for deficit reduction is to simply hold spending constant and to let revenues -- in particular, personal income tax revenues -- grow to close the gap.

The unilateral decision on the part of the federal government to set the rate of growth of health transfers equal to the rate of GDP growth shouldn’t have surprised anyone who read Section 5 of the last budget, and especially in Table 5.9. The deficit reduction plan is to let transfers to individuals and to other levels of government grow with GDP, while holding other spending constant.

On the face of it, this isn’t radical change: GDP grows roughly one percentage point faster than population and inflation, so real, per-capita transfers will still keep increasing. There will be no decisive moment where a Conservative finance minister will be obliged to break the mould set by previous budgets. But if this pattern is sustained over time, the cumulative effect will be to reduce federal spending as a share of GDP to 13 per cent of GDP over the course of the current mandate. And when the constant reinforcement of anti-tax sentiment is taken into account, it will be a difficult trend to reverse, no matter which party is in power."

Comment

I'm not sure on this but a lot of guys are leasing bins
                        to take advantage of the tax angle.

I don't know the numbers but it may be possible that
                        leasing new is better.

Maybe someone thats done the leg work on used vs
                        new lease could elaborate.

Comment

I lease all bins and machine sheds. The leasing companies hose you on interest rates. There is very little risk to them on bins. But the fact is the tax advantages far outweigh the the high interest rate.

Comment

<i>"But the fact is the tax advantages far outweigh the the high interest rate."</i>

I sincerely doubt that.
                            If you need a tax deduction, write me a cheque and I'll give you a receipt. A win win, right?

Comment

We're thinking the fert bins... Grain bins we may end
                              up leasing, or at least buying new...

Hopperbin, how was your Christmas? We may have to
                              try and sneak by around Jan 15th or so.... as we'll head
                              back there around then...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...