• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You

I think those of us that support the Government in their efforts to end the monopoly owes a big thank you to the M.P. for Winnipeg centre. None other then the N.D.P.'s own Pat Martin. Early on in the debate Pat started off by talking about a beaver biting off its own testicles. Kind of set the tone for intelligent debate from the NDP. About a third of the way through the debate Pat said there is no way the Government can get this legislation through the house in time for the 2012-13 crop year. His actual words were "the single desk will be an option in 2012-13" which never did make any sense but we knew what you meant Pat. I think your comments served to motivate the Government and make them more determined then ever to get the legislation passed. Thanks for that Pat. About half way through the debate Pat decided to add some dignity to the debate by using a bunch of four letter words on his twitter account. Really classy move Pat. Two thirds of the way through Pat said he thought the Government had the right to change the Wheat Board Act without a farmer vote even though he and his party spent hours and days in the House of Commons claiming that a farmer vote was needed. At the end of the debate Pat added some humor to the whole thing by calling bill C-18 Bill CF-18. We had a good laugh with you at that one Pat. So thanks for your help, it’s been great. We'll see you around.

HFL , could you post this in the comments section of... the winnipeg free press's web site..? under "Injunction to stall CWB"
    I would give you an easy link to thier site, if i knew how to ...?

Comment

[URL="http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/injunction-to-stall-cwb-law-refused-135787243.html"]Winnipeg Free Press[/URL]

Comment

Done! I added a bit to the end. Hope he dosen't send someone to burn my shed!

Comment

THANK YOU ! That's a damb good post, HFL !! .....LOL !
          Can't wait to see the comeback's on that one !

Comment

Isn't Martin the guy who is the MP for an impoverished riding in Winnipeg, but lives quite comfortably on Vancouver Island?

Comment

Dear HFL,

I just posted this there:

2:31 PM on 12/17/2011

"Tom4cwb

Dear Larry Kusch; This request for an injunction was 'Draconian' according to Justice Shane Perlmutter.

Here was the old C24 Objective of the CWB: "7. (1) Subject to the regulations, the Corporation shall sell and dispose of grain acquired by it pursuant to its operations under this Act for such prices as it considers reasonable with the object of promoting the sale of grain produced in Canada in world markets."

There was NO Duty of care to maximise our grain prices under C24. Manitoba Courts ruled this as promoted by CWB lawyers.

Now the New C18 correctly states: " Object 6. The object of the Corporation is to market grain for the benefit of producers who choose to deal with the Corporation. "

Goodale was too bone headed and arrogant to put this in in 1998. Here we are today... after over a decade of consultations and bad blood... simply because MP/ExMinister Goodale refused to Implement the full Western Grain Marketing Panel Report.

What a loss to Canada... and scar on the greatest nation on earth!!!

I truly hope we can build a better Canada, and thank Minister Ritz and PM Harper for a great Christmas Present: Royal Proclamation and Assent of C18 which was long overdue and very needed!"

Cheers,

God Bless Canada!

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this reality today!!!

Comment

Who supported more lawyers than CWB? Open
                the books and publish the list.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...