• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Politics & Law Collide In Judges Ruling on CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politics & Law Collide In Judges Ruling on CWB

Well,............ nice try Shaney for clearing this issue up!!!!lol!!!
    Maybe some greater good will come out of the CWB issue in that people (us Canadians) will figure out how our democracy works or doesn't, or maybe it does, maybe it could, maybe it might be, oh f whatever!

Comment

when a constaitutional lawyer is dummbfounded by what has happened, can you really blame the rest of us.

Comment

Thanks for posting that interview, it's good to get info from the people that are qualified in their area and not just street talk so to speak. But isn't it amazing that this hasn't or supposedly hasn't happenned before in other changed laws etc.? Like I said maybe some good will come out of this in that a more smoother way of doing government things will result. But somehow I doubt it, because each side will continue to put their spin on it to gain political value rather than accomplishing improvements.

Comment

Forgot to ask you shaney, have you asked any expert that if the minister would have simply repealed the wheat board act this would have been a done deal a long time ago? Many people are making that argument but does it have merit? thanks

Comment

Rider, Here is what Carissima said to me regarding your question.

It's a great question. This judge might well have seen that as falling under s.47.1, too! As I understand it, the underlying purpose of the Act is to set up single-desk, right? To the extent that s.47.1 was intended to protect against changes to that, repeal wouldn't necessarily get around the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! As far as I am concerned if you know more experts wanting to give opinions please post them!

I would think some lawyers must be just lovin this issue!

Comment

Whoa, I mean giddyup. Why doesn't my lawyer look like that?

Comment

Seriously, there will be an appeal so shyster Campbell's ruling isn't the last word by any means.

What is disturbing to me is that these cases are always heard in Wpg. Why? There has never been a fair trial on the CWB in Wpg yet. The location is tainted with obvious bias. If the case was heard in the cold reality of somewhere like Toronto the outcome might be very different.

Comment

Maybe she said 'Whoa, I mean giddyup. Why
                    doesn't my farmer look like that?' and consented
                    to the interview. Pars

Comment

She certainly noted the blatant political overtones
                      of the justice. Pars

Comment

I noted her perception on the politcs as well. Refreshing.

Comment

I think we all see pain going forward no matter what you believe!

Comment

<i>"Other than the constitution...parliament's authority is supreme"</i>

Someone should have sent that memo to Judge Campbell.

Comment

when you have a judge whose office is across the street from the CWB tower,lives in Winnipeg was a Liberal apponitee,otherwise a back stabbing whiney little prick then one can understand the judgement or lack of.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...