• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you sell too?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you sell too?

Agstar,willargo and stubblej october 2010 and i will talk $ per tonne not bushels sorry, would you take a cash price that is $35 per tonne above the cwb best cash for you standard quality wheat are you going to sell to the enemy and conversly sask3 and tom4 and freewheat are you going to sell to cwb if they have a cash price way way better than competition.

Funny one of my best mates who was at the forefront of change and abolition of our single desy became a agent for a grain trader and one day the above happened he had a price miles ahead of the pack think it was someting like $40 and of course privacy came into play and and couldnt mention name but said and quote"you should see how many bloody single deskers are signing up for cash contracts" "bloody drongos all the trouble they caused us over the years" was interesting.

myself i had no bones about selling to awb but will never sell to viterra as long as butt points the ground

Mallee,

My brother and I was being pestered by Cargill to sign up SCO specialty canola. They don't have Clubroot resistant varieties... and I told him I WANTED to save some acres to sell conventional canola to the CWB if that works out well.

Somehow Mallee you appear to think I have a closed mind and hold grudges?

That truly would be against all my principals!

Cheers!

Merry Christmas and have a great 2012!

Comment

Why would I sell if the CWB 2 is controlled by Harper's stooges? The new entity will just be a broker without any marketing advantages and a higher admin cost when the single desk is eliminated. I will have to suck up to my local grain buyer just like T4 and the rest want, because they will control all the cards. Contrary to all the free market hype , our choices will be more limited by bill c18. If I have to deliver for a lower price to sell my grain, sorry I mean market, ahead of T4, I will .

Comment

Mallee, I would sell for the higher
        price, providing it was a true cash
        price, and the money would be paid up
        front with no silly strings attached. It
        will be easier if the new entity is not
        called cwb2 or something similar! lol If
        the cwb dies fine. If they can pull it
        together and become another competitor
        for my grain, excellent. I don't care
        either way, but the high price would
        rule my farm, as a young guy with
        serious obligations.

Comment

And the current CWB is not contolled by Goodale and Lib Judges?? - lol.

Comment

Hey man hows it going.
            You know what I would do and funny the day I would be at the Local terminal signing it Guess who would be their right beside me and behind me doing the same. You got it, every single single desk supporter in the district.
            These idiots are like our NDP, pray with you on Sunday then prey over you the rest of the week.
            Have a great harvest.

Comment

S3 you will get what you wanted, farmers tripping over each other to sell to your local terminal. Of course you will be first in line.

Comment

Yes Agstar, just like Canola, Lentils, Canary seed,etc. Those crops are so unprofitable farmers are tripping over themselves to grow board grains.LOL

Comment

agstar77 better retire and give it over to your grandson. I bet he can even do better than the CWB.

Comment

Never heard the word Drongo before, apparently its Aussie slang, can be used in sentences like, :-))))

"It doesn't go in the shed, ya drongo!"
                    "ya big drongo!"
                    Pass me that wratchet you Drongo
                    "You've really mucked that up, ya drongo!"
                    you bloody Drongo you have spilled my beer
                    LOL! Did you see that drongo just do a linelock outside the police station? He is busted for sure.

Mallie if Viterra had a 40 dollar per ton better price would you not be a bloody drongo for not selling to them?

Comment

I think Mate Agstar that bloody Drongo is undercutting Saskfarmer 3 by 35 dollars per ton. :-) My point is Agstar you will not be tripping over your neighbour to sell for a lower price, you will be shopping for a higher price.

Comment

Our farm sells ta the highest bidder,
                        price ya kin get. Who cares, ifn its
                        the cwb er some other multi. BUTT, make
                        sure the cheque ya gets doesn't bounce,
                        like the neighbours, er the phoney
                        company clip board guys represent.
                        Never listen ta the BS, they try ta feed
                        ya and deliver in advance a gettin paid,
                        cause ya gonna get screwed. Comedian
                        farmers generally are such suckers
                        though thinkin the open market ill
                        return more than the cwb, doesn't happen
                        very often. Take the time, sit down wit
                        a pencil and actually do the math, once
                        in a while. Ifn multis screw you go
                        somewhere else, over ta where ya got
                        screwed once before, that'll teach them,
                        if'n its no good, go back hat in hand
                        and suck up to the original fu34er so he
                        kin screw ya some more, whinne and
                        snivel ta the gobermont, gag stability
                        will then save the day fer ya!!!! It's
                        a dog eat dog world we live in, framer
                        against framer each and ever time... A
                        I hate the neighbours anyways, who
                        cares?

Comment

Burbert you should be happy to grain farm in Canada this year where we have a local feed market to take up the CWB slackards. Not sure if there is any other country in the world where pig feed is worth more than the bread and noodles in the store shelves. Too bad we don't have the option to go a grain company for export and human consumption wheat and barley/

Comment

hopper re viterror nope i wouldnt sell id wait for the next day when the competition has moved up closer to there price.
                            i dont get there price updates daily so i never know anyway

Comment

how is the harvest in the mallee?
                              i hear WA is breaking records.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...