• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Bill C18 to be proclaimed before Jan 1 2012

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Bill C18 to be proclaimed before Jan 1 2012

I just got off the news conference with Minister Ritz.

As Harry Seimens said; even this Federal Court Judge in point 29. of his Judgement/Declaration states Minister Ritz has the right to pass C18... in so many words.

Minister Ritz clearly states the government will appeal this judgement... that the Parliament of Canada has the right to ammend, change, and repeal any federal legislation as the fundemental rule of law in a democratic society.

CWB Minister Ritz stated numerous times:

Repeal of the present CWB Act is certain.
    Passage of CWB Bill C18 is certain before the end of this year.

"Business as usual re Bill 18 and farmers will have marketing freedom

Posted on December 7, 2011 by Harry Siemens

Ottawa, Ontario, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 – The Harper Government will continue to move forward with delivering marketing freedom to Western Canadian wheat and barley farmers despite a disappointing ruling today by the Federal Court. Today’s ruling does not impede the passing of the Marketing Freedom for Grain Farmers Act. The Bill will proceed and be passed in the best interests of Western Canadian farmers and the economy.

“Farmers and our Government are disappointed by the Court’s decision today,” said Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz. We will appeal this decision as we are convinced that Parliament has the right to end the single desk monopoly.”

“For far too long, Western farmers have been denied the right to sell their wheat and barley as they choose, and our Government will return to farmers the marketing freedom they want and deserve.”

The Marketing Freedom for Grain Farmers Act, when adopted, will end the monopoly of the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB) and give Western Canadian farmers the ability to sell their wheat, durum and barley either voluntarily through the CWB or through an open Canadian grain market.

“We are working with Western Canadian grain farmers, their organizations and provincial partners to ensure an orderly transition to market freedom,” said Minister Ritz. “We will work with the CWB in the best interests of all farmers by focusing on making sure the voluntary wheat board has the best possible opportunity to succeed in an open market.”

The Government’s top priority remains the economy, and Canada’s agriculture industry plays a vital role in creating jobs and keeping our economy strong. Modernizing grain policy in Canada will allow the Western Canadian grain industry to contribute even more to economic growth through the entrepreneurial energy of wheat and barley farmers."
    http://www.siemenssays.com/blog/6843.html#more-6843

Comment

Tom... thanks for the update. I was busy and only
      recently learned the decision.

No surprise, but always demoralizing. Political
      appointees tend to stay loyal.

I hope our Gov't moves forward as Minister Ritz is
      suggesting.

Repealing the CWB act without replacing is far more
      appealing this afternoon.

Cheers... Bill

Comment

Amen Gerry Amen.

Comment

I'm not surprised by the judges ruling, just his reasoning.

Oh well, he made his political comment, now on to real life.

I have no doubt C-18 will become law before Xmas.

No vote will be held, no matter what the friends would disapprove of the voting process.

The Directors will be gone, the cwb will no longer be fighting the government, the money will dry up for the single desk side.

But I do expect Harper to implement his vengence on the eight clowns and I suspect one or two Justice department lawyers will by sent to oversee government offices in Resolute Bay.

Comment

AdamSmith,

Actually I have not seen PM Harper act in a vengeful manner... I would truly be surprised if he changes and starts now.

The patience with which Minister Ritz and PM Harper have shown dealing with Chairman Oberg proves my point.

It is over.
            I saw no court injunction stopping the legislation C18 from moving forward and being proclaimed into law.

Comment

I agree Tom, by implementing his vengence I was meaning going after them personally on behalf of farmers in the pool in order to get our money back that the've spent fighting this change.

Do you not think they should be held personally to account for their decisions?

Comment

Doesn't mean there won't be an injunction.

Comment

Agstar77

This 'Declaration' is not a binding judgement from what I have seen.

Who do you expect to put an injunction against the Parliament of Canada passing legislation correctly in its jurisdiction?

I disagree with Justice Campbell. Minister Ritz did consult with both the CWB Directors and grain growers in the 'designated area' of western Canada.

May 2nd was a very strong mandate to pass this legislation... as was the spring 2011 CWB survey of grain growers .

Chairman Oberg is just flat out inconsiderate of our farms property rights... and the failing to respect CWB code of Conduct/Conflict of Interest Guidelines.

Comment

Agstar you said,

doesn't mean there won't be an injunction.

To what end??

What is your long term goal?

Do you honestly think you can turn back the clock to 1960 when there was strong suppoert for the cwb?

Comment

Agstar77,

Intimidation,

Fear,

Being a Bully,

These are your true trade marks...

Masser.... NOW we should all face east and bow down to you/the CWB.... you know best for my family and farm... sorry.

Comment

To all those who are cheering this court decision: be careful what you wish for, because you may get it. It's an unbelievable, idiotic ruling that creates a dangerous precedent.

One government passes law 'A' that includes some requirement for a consultation process.

A future government passes law 'B' to remove the requirement for a consultation process. How is this breaking the law in any meaningful sense? It only makes sense if you regard all current laws as being essentially beyond repeal or amendment. Has this judge even thought for a moment what a massive can of worms this would open?

If applied consistently, this would mean that current Parliaments can legally tie the hands of any and all future Parliaments, making it impossible to amend or repeal current legislation. One can only imagine the frightening mischief that governments of all stripes would engage in if higher courts uphold such an outrageous principle.

Comment

The Bullyies vow to continue, bullying.
                          I thought Comedia had a law against
                          bullying, just like it has a gun
                          registration act, weather you like it or
                          not. Blind, leading the blind to the
                          alter of sackrifice. Chislers and
                          marketeers these duds certainly are!!!
                          Employ any tactic, do anything, pout,
                          shout, swear, dare, find commies
                          everywhere.......... Their motto,
                          shoot, shovel, and shut up.
                          Teabaggers to the end.......

Comment

there will be no vote because ritz knows he could not win a vote

Comment

Burbert,

I see you looked in the mirror and reported what you saw!

Very accurate!

You must be watching CBC the $1.1B worth of dollar law breakers!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...