• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AGRIWEEK "If you ask me"B A C K G R O U N D E R / Morris W. Dorosh

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilagro,

Perhaps you should be reminded that the CWB didn't start confiscating grain until 1943... and that it was STALIN stealing the grain that his OWN DOMESTIC farmers that SHOULD have been eating their grain for supper... instead Stalin stole those farmers grain... year after year... and dumped it on world markets in the 1930's... This is caused the massive price slide and starvation of tens of millions of farmers in eastern europe. A Soviet government monopoly... Confiscating Wheat & Barley (CWB).

Comment

I said: "In the end it was a business choice livestock producers made to be a part of these production systems."

I stand by this as I could have easily grown cattle or hogs on our farm.

I know how hard politics is on a person and a family.

I appreciate the genuine good will and hard work Minister Ritz has done... especially for western Canada.

I stand by this... it is my opinion, not 'butt kissing'.

Whatever your notion of serving others... please be generous and positive about those who give up nearly everything private to serve the vast majority of people... who are unthankful and unkind. You prove my point all too well... unfortunately.

Comment

As you prove mine! Did Ritz not choose politics? Did anyone hold a gun to his head to get into his role? Tom, you're being disingenuous!

You're making Ritz out to be a hero for getting into a rewarding job with its expected issues. Then you cast aspersions on cattle farmers for being in their chosen business when it collapsed due to grievously negligent gov't policy!

Would you also blame a **** victim for being a **** victim? "Well you chose to be where you were at the time, didn't you, too bad for you", Tom would tell them.

At the moment, Ritz might be your hero for what he has done for you but don't be surprised if not everyone clambers to get in on your little parade.

Comment

Burnt,

The gov. had special programs; in our family there are those who grow both cattle and hogs. We help each other when possible.

I chose to grow flax; which CDC Saskatoon contaminated with the triffid gm event (which got out to nearly everyone's farms in western Canada). Minister Gerry Ritz did not personally compensate our farm for this horrible expensive disaster... yet I am thankful for the work he does do in a positive way.

We live in the best country in the world; With the most opportunity to prosper and build strong communities.

I am sad your bitterness has not been resolved. Unforgivness is a horrible curse we choose for ourselves that shortens our lives. I hope you will have a better 2012 and can enjoy Christmas with those you love.

That **** thing was totally uncalled for.

Comment

Who said there is unforgiveness? Is asking for justice to be considered the same as bitterness? Do you consider it wrong to hold government to the same standard as they impose upon us as citizens? How will bureaucracy learn accountability if given a tabula rasa?

Be realistic, Tom!

Thank you for your kind wishes and I hope the same for you and yours!

John.

Comment

Tom talking about unforgiveness? who holds more grudges than Tom.

Comment

Katoe,

So who exactly do I name as a problem... that isn't directly trying to trample on our family and communities property rights TODAY?

In the 'single desk' debate... who that set aside the fight... and became neutral... do I hold a 'grudge' against for instance?

Is there anyone on Agriville I hold a 'grudge' against?

Name them... if there is cause I would like to know!

Comment

Alright then, have you forgiven Ralph Goodale?

Comment

Did Ralph Goodale abstain from voting on the property rights that SHOULD belong to our family farm? NO. Ralph KNOWS better and should have kept his nose out of our farms business last Monday on 3rd reading. I DID not go to Ottawa and thumb my nose at Ralph... but did watch Ralph frown and express disgust at the 3rd reading of C18... 15 years after he SHOULD have done this very Bill himself. Ralph knows this deep down... and is the real looser.... and wears that crown.

Upon the settlement of C18 and all cases against my farm by the CWB 8 in court... I assure you this will be over in my opinion. No Bitterness.
                    100 percent forgotten and the experience is; many life lessons learned and understood with very clear clarity.

Comment

Katoe,

Princess was wondering WHAT exactly; I should be forgiving Ralph for?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...