• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PRO, how will we miss it?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PRO, how will we miss it?

I will miss pooling and monthly sales percentages like I miss carburetors or manual steering.
    Like forking cowshit off the stoneboat or getting hit in the face with the tail.
    Like working a rank cow or open station combines or barb wire gates.
    I could go on but it's someone elses turn.

I am going to miss Integity, we should errect his statue over the remains of the CWB. Where , what???? 4 miles under the Pacific? Screw the statue.

Comment

Most of all you guys will miss a whipping boy to blame for every blinkin' thing that goes wrong or annoys you with farming.

Comment

Ouch!! '4 miles under the Pacific' relates to anything/one in particular?

Comment

This time I'm afraid my learned colleague Wilagro, you are sooo wrong, you couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a spade!

Comment

I have no idea who Integrity is.

Comment

I'm always reminded of the following quote from Andy Schmitz on the most recent barley study he and his son did for the CWB (See below). Internally it was not thought much of, yet I pushed to get it released to show how economics mean little to the day to day operations of a successful barley farmer. It uses the same basis of the economic theorem that was use to produce an internal wheat and durum study to which no one has publicly seen. BUT the group of 8 sure love to throw out 500 $ M a year in advantages of the single desk with out backing that up.
              Here also is the link to the barley study
              http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/library/publications/popups/pdf/barley_study_11.pdf

comment by Schmtz in the Western Producer Feb. 10/11

“I find these days that so many consultants partly give you the answer they want you to hear because they’re paid for part of the answer.

http://www.producer.com/News/Article.aspx?aid=32038

Comment

Did the study come with or without an ivitation to the barn dance, Jeff?

LOL...

Comment

I gave Andrew Schmitz this link about 3 years
                  ago. Think he signs on every night?

Comment

Oh no I wont ever miss the joy of opening the Email and seeing how every single time throughout the crop year it drops. Its like a CWB check tell me the last time you opened up the letter and went holy crap they actually made me some money.
                    Talked to my dad he is getting old but he cant remember ever a time that he opened up one of their payments and went WOW.
                    Now our relatives in ND went to get a semi load durum check in July and were really surprised at the value. $17,215.00.
                    My Durum check for the same load in Saskatchewan $5247.00 in July Oh yea its a spot price. To achieve the Difference I need a final payment of $11,968.00 The one I got the other day added up to $726.00 so their still short a whopping $11242.00.
                    AS if it will ever happen sort of like Yes Sally their is a Santa Clause. Or tooth Fairy or any of those make believe characters.

Comment

I will really miss the pretend market outlooks and price indications intended to support acres as opposed to sending true market signals.

Comment

I will miss the hope and the optimism that the PRO
                        creates while I am enjoying harvesting. That hope
                        eroded slowly over time, bit by bit, by a nickel or a
                        quarter at a time. The feeling of disgust as I watch
                        my money disappearing half way through the year
                        and not understanding what on earth is happening.
                        The sense of ease when the following years crop is
                        about to be harvested because there is always next
                        year and I'm now not paying much attention to the
                        PRO. And the final feeling of bliss when I get my
                        final check because it has been so long since I sold
                        my grain that I forgot I sold it in the first place, and
                        the pittance of a cheque that I just got in the mail
                        was just a bonus. I will miss the PRO!

Comment

As I look out the window at a wheat pile, I know I will fondly miss not planning deliveries 'till winter. Or the lack of any planning for that matter, as dictated by our current pipeline's inventory control system.

Comment

Apologies for not reading the whole study. It appears to study the benefits of their system. But not the intangible costs to the industries evolution. Nor the real world 'other' system.
                            Same reason doubleChuck can't answer.
                            It is subconciously impossible for them to see a concept that doesn't fit their 'reality'.

Comment

Don'g worry bout losing the feeling
                              disgust in Comedian farming. THAT FEELING
                              will never, never, ever go away. Fer
                              instance, the next generation, big dogs
                              try to buy my fram. They are reallly,
                              really really gonna get F'd causa the
                              high, high, and goin higher land prices.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...