• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest CWB Check for 2010 Crop Year!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest CWB Check for 2010 Crop Year!

Yes they are expert marketers.
    WOW my Number two Durum high protein is still not even close to the $7.50 I sold my feed Durum at.
    Hm $5.35 in pocket so far. Well to hit the feed price they need a final of $2.15 a bushel. Not going to happen.
    Yet dumped in Pit in ND the durum at time of delivery was worth $15.00 US to me.
    Also the $60,000. fine was the reason for delivering.
    Explain again CWB supporters where is the Premium.

Now compared to the USA price at the time I delivered I am out over $9.65 a bushel.
    Or roughly $289,000.00.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Comment

Vader should be on here pretty soon, since he will be out of a job, telling you how you don't deserve the extra money. Oh wait here is the classic analysis.

Vader posted Jan 26, 2008 12:20
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      talked to a farmer yesterday whose durum went 70 bushels per acre. On 2000 acres the gross revenue is $1,750,000.00.

I have heard similar stories around Kindersley and Swift Current of durum that went 50 bushels per acre. Now that is only $650,000 for a thousand acres but in that case the lentils and canola took him well into the millions as well.

I hear all the time here on angryville the time people like Saskfarmer bitching about the CWB because he can't get $17.00 for his durum and he blames this on the CWB.

In the case of a few rich farmers who can sit on all of their grain while the raging masses sell out early perhaps Saskfarmer has a legitimate argument. Perhaps we did cost him $5.00 per bushel on his durum. Perhaps it ran 50 bushels per acre and perhaps he had a thousand acres. And perhaps he could have earned an additional quarter of a million dollars.

I could argue that this is a zero sum game and that on the flip side there is another farmer that could have had the same 50 bushel crop on the same acreage base of 1000 acres and he could have sold his durum for $7.00 per bushel and for that farmer we made him an extra quarter million dollars. I could argue that for the health of the community it is better that the second farmer is able to pay down his debt and remain a constructive player in the industry and the community while poor Saskfarmer was prevented from expanding his farm by another section. The section that farmer number two may have sold after making his decision to sell his durum at 7.00.

But it is not a zero sum game. In fact we know that the CWB is asking $22.00 per bushel for durum today when the US elevator price reported here on Agri-vill is only $17.00. Now those elevators will sell your durum for $22.00 if they can get their hands on it.

So we see that for starters the CWB is keeping about $5.00 per bushel out of the handling companies pockets and putting it in farmers pockets right now.

Further we know that the average weighted selling price of durum in the US according to the North Dakota Wheat commission is about $10.00. This is further proof of the value of the CWB. The CWB has added to the bottom line of Canadian farmers on a 3 million tonne program an extra $73.00 per tonne or $220,000.00.

So yes the downside is that we kept Saskfarmer from buying another section of land where he might next year make enough extra money to buy out another suffering neighbor who had to sell a section to Saskfarmer.

The upside is that the Ag industry in Canada made an extra almost quarter of a BILLION DOLLARS.

And that is just on Durum.

Wait till you see my analysis on Spring Wheat and Malt Barley.

Rod Flaman
      CWB Director - District 8
      306-771-2823
      rodflaman@imagewireless.ca

Oh and by the way. The CWB Rocks.

Comment

Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy SF3. If you any laughing.....

Comment

Looks to me like someone needs a capable manager to take over management of his farm as he is not doing so well at it.

Comment

Don't eveer let the facts er figures get
            in the way, when bashing the cwb!!!! The
            grass is always greener on the other side
            a the fence, it seems......

Comment

Willy and Burb why not save the snide comments for once and provide an explanation for the lack of performance by the board with regards to durum or is it that all your able to provide is rhetoric and propaganda based on your own blind faith. Just form once I would like to see a board supporter back up their arguments with fact rather than fiction but, sigh , all they seem to know is rude,snide remarks

Comment

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Comment

I didn't know that I was arguing about CWB performance...besides they have resource people in their office that can handle queries.

Comment

Period......

Comment

willagro and burt you are just a bunch of greddy old farts if you want to sell to the god dam board and get ****ed over go right ahead but please let us progresive farmers sell are wheat to who we want and get paid cash and at a price we should be getting!!

Comment

profarmer - enough said - well done from the Wisers Club lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...