• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Fallin Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Fallin Canola

Ok there has to be a day coming where we can end the day in positive territory. Even tonite beans and canola are down. Oh ya right theres fert to buy before yr end so better push the "panic" button and sell now so we wont have to sell so much later to make up the difference. Thankfully i sold some at 12, BUT it is never enough on a falling market. With rising costs to grow this crop and falling prices wonder how long it will take before acres get cut?

Acres are dropping lots of older guys in south will
    seed durum. Canola is expensive to. Grow and
    getting ten is not profitable.

Comment

It sure is funny when markets are falling, all farms are doomed and when markets are rising there is no way that the it could ever drop. Reading charts is so critical these days and really not that hard to learn. Most farms would be wise to try it. Even the pro board members could catch on i think.

Comment

WCfarmer are we not heading for a free fall.
        Charts are nice but Bankrupt countries are the news of the day.

Comment

I'd hate to see 500 breached,next stop would be 400.

Comment

Drive the price down and see how the supply looks next june.

They are doing this with all commodities, making them affordable so the chinese can come in and buy. Then when the price goes up and it will, everyone will be buying from the chinese.

They are expert marketers. The cwb still owes the chinese grain from a deal made years ago. Why do you think our PROs are going down and our iniitals are so low?

Comment

sf3 there are ways to make money in falling markets as well. If you so strongly believe in the crash sell all your non boards and make that play.

Comment

I think it was yesterday I heard that oil now headed down to 90 dollars. Hate it when the chart readers are correct. Anyone ever lock in futures and leave basis open? Sorta gives the feeling one has "screw me written on the forehead with felt marker", but basis levels are also dropping. Can we get another 13 dollars per ton from the basis?

Comment

Wow its a free fall day today started in over night trading. Stocks all down. American dollar index up 3/4 of a penny to 79. Cotton what is your opinion on the American dollar? I think as long as the Europe is in financial trouble there will be strength in the US dollar which is bad for grain prices. So I am told.

Comment

Let The Bitch Fall to $300. Should Fix alotta Sob's. Still have High Cash Rent Offers Outstanding fer The 2012 Crop Year. Current Renters are Hemming & Hawing if'n theys should Pay & Smile. She falls to $300, Theys out The Game, We'll Squeeze a Profit out, Just get Me AlldaLand.............

Comment

I agree the europe thing will keep the dollar
                      strong,but the commodity strength or weaknest will
                      be determined on who or who doesn't quantitative
                      ease.

Comment

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000058830

Very spooky stuff.

liquidity run is here

Comment

I agree with Cotton. Outside factors are driving the bearish markets.
                          I just don't see a quick fix in Europe or the US.

Comment

Canola futures for January 2012 hit a new near-term low overnight at $499.50/mt on the CBOT as lower soybean futures, uncertainty over Europe, and more doom and gloom scenarios contributed to the lower price. Look for some sort of bounce near-term as most farmers are not interested in selling at these prices.

Michelle - Farms.com Risk Management

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...