• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulse Election New Post

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulse Election New Post

Gust-you are partially correct, but those that want a strong viable bredding program (our number one priority and number one investment) also want a strong federal organization in Pulse Canada. For some reason, and it is never been talked about at SPG board table, the gang of 3 think SPG directors want to stop breeding. This is rediculous. In the 6 years i have been on the board we have supported the CDC fully in every single request they have made in 6 years. We built facilities (the Pulse Lab), purchased land for their use, purchased equipment for their use AND funded the breeding program. Now they want a seat at the table for more control??? Totally insane and Bert will have so many conflict of interest issues in any research investment that it does not make sense.

We need new blood on the board not some old guard who thinks they are somehow more qualified, after years of being off the board, to run the organization then the very qualified exsisting board. The budget has doubled since Moen and Buhr left the board.

I can not say enough about the Pulse Canada. SPG invests about 1 million dollars in PC each year. SPG is about 30% of the investment and is second largest contibuter AFTER the federal government. WE are the largest non govt contributer at 66% in the last audited statements. Yes we are the largest, but we have to realize this is a federal organization and we have to give and take to other orgs so we can go to Ottawa unified. The amount of funds that the team at PC is able to leverage from the feds is unreal. We are small orgs in the big picture and must leverage every dollar we can and ensure it is invested soundly. The gang of 3 want to move it to Saskatoon, and have stated publicly. When questioned they do not have a response and feel it is "better". IN a process such as that you will lose the bulk of your staff and rip the organization apart. For what? So they can tell their cronies they moved it? Organizations such as PC, involved in global affairs need to be in an international airport. They need to be close to the head of the grain industry, and as much as we do not like it, Winnipeg is still the major grain center. They are able to network with export oriented people. Saskatoon is a science center, not policy, which is the bulk of PC work.

I am making a single vote and ask others to vote for only Cynthia Edwards. By default, 2 of the gang of 3 will get elected. But ensureing Cynthia is elected we have the opportunity to have someone new and young at the table.

Dave

Good to hear this response Dave . I was very
    suspicious that something funny was up when
    those emails started circulating .PC did most of
    the heavy lifting on the transportation file in the
    past few years and should be commended not
    broken apart and moved for the sake of a few
    personal agendas. Organizations that don't have
    renewal are destined for failure. I don't know Mrs
    Edwards personally but the thought of having
    someone new at the table is more appealing than
    a few has beens with private agenda's. I agree
    vote for her only then at least the little club won't
    be intact.

Comment

Transportation issues in Canada, selenium on peas in China, Glyphsate in Europe (this concern was funded prior to the outbreak of the issue, not after), issues with Peas in India due to nematode. GROU and positie changes in generic legeslation. Ensured investment in prairie reserch on Agronomy thru Science Clusters/Growing Forward. Free trade agreement in Columbia and supporting early stages on the agreement in Morroco and India while other orgs wait for the WTO. Looking at new and innovative uses for pulses in North American products, ie inclusion in products for people who are not into scratch cooking. Leading Environmental movements to showcase what pulses do in rotation for all Canadian crops. The list goes on and on. This organization has the ear of the federal government for a reason, it has things moving.

Comment

Incidently, $1 million dollars is from an SPG budget of approx $12 million in last couple years. So a million dollars to reduce risk in overseas markets and reducing costs and increasing efficiencies of our system as well as looking at new uses for our pulse products. In PC's 2011/12 budget, SPG is approx 57% of PC core funding. Not 70%, not even close. SPG is approx 80% of the pulse industry. We are not over investing in PC, in fact possibly the opposite.

Dave

Comment

Comments above are my personal opinion and not representative of Sask Pulse Growers Board or Pulse Canada. If you want to call me personally i am at:

Office (306)463-4444
          Cell (306)460-9272

Regards,
          David Nobbs

Comment

You advise voters, Dave, to vote for Linda, but
            also say that the other two candidates will be
            elected by default

And you then name-call them " has beens with
            private agenda's", knowing full well you will sit at
            the next board meeting across the table from
            them.

Have I understood your message? Pars

Comment

Nope, i said vote for Cynthia. 3 spots on the board, 4 people running. by default, 2 others will be voted on. I am termed out at the next shareholder meeting in Jan and i am off the board and would like to see someone new on the board.

Comment

Aside from Linda, you publicly describe several
                of the other candidates running as "has beens
                with  private agenda's",

I asked you if i understood your message. Is fhis
                your message to voters or is it not? pars

Comment

Yup, you got it.

Comment

I don't know any of the pulse candidate or
                    executive. Not one. But I know what ia fair and
                    what ia not

Dave, ifyou are representative of SK Pulse and
                    PulseCanada leadership, it's no wonder farmers
                    hesitate to participate in governance. Disrespect
                    is systemic isn't it

I have no problem with speaking out against Bert
                    running. Seats should be for farmers.

To accept an executive &or paid position, and
                    then publicly demean farmer-candidates is not
                    my idea of leadership. Or decency. Pars

Comment

And the thumbs up should be a thumbs down
                      Dave

Comment

Here is the issue. They (Moen, Buhr and Vandenburg) sent out a press release stating that the current board was going to lack experience and that they want to move Pulse Canada (before they are even on the board) to Saskatoon. I was reacting to that press release. In the previous 5 elections that i have sat on the board for, i have had no public comment or belief as to who should be supported in the elections. I felt the press release was a very personal attack on the existing board, of which i feel is very knowledgeable and accountable to growers. I wanted to make my personal feelings known as i am getting alot of calls on this.

Comment

The candidates clearly expressed their intention
                          to move the office. And why. Thats a good thing
                          Better for voters if they know intent.

If for example, the intent to keep the office in
                          Manitoba, just as an example, ia to ally with
                          pulse and special crops processors, Legumex
                          Walker, who aims to amalagmate with other
                          interests to take over the CWB, there could be a
                          potential conflict of interests.... If.....and this is
                          just a pie in the sky example....IF Legumex
                          Walker 's CEO has talked Dave into joining their
                          team , Dave may see an advantage for The pulse
                          growers to stay put. Motives muddy.

You openly attacked the men candidates, while
                          endorsing a greenhorn. Odd I'm Interested in
                          your motive, Dave. I'm not so sure they are in the
                          interest of producers. Pars.

Comment

Give it a rest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread