• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Can

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats Can

The wife's nephew is about at wits end with constant bombardment from stats can asking for the census of agriculture. He says the long form came in the mail in the spring sometime and he forgot all about it for a while. Then they started calling every day, sometimes more than once. I told him to forget it, they have to give up eventually.

Apparently not!

What the hell is so important that they need his farm census info so badly? How long will they keep at it?

Suggestions as to what has actually worked? If he gives them a bunch of lies would they even know?

Ridiculous bureaucrats - again!

Call screen service, if you have it.

When you get the next call from an annoying caller.

dial *60 wait for the announcement,

dial #01#

Future calls will be blocked from that number.

Comment

I just block the number on my phone. So far they have about six different numbers they have called with.

Comment

I finally gave in and sent mine , wonder if it matches my tax return and crop ins?
        Would you guys and gals be willing to allow the information to be shared off your crop ins. and tax returns as a means to an end to the constant "mandatory" surveys? Much like the part on the tax return where it asks if you consent to giving your address and information to elections Canada would you consnt to signing another line on your crop insurance or agristability forms to allow Stats Canada the info from those forms?

I'd like to see a whole lot of lay offs in that dept.

Comment

They sell your info. pars

Comment

Oh I know they do which is wrong but they also have the statistics act.

Comment

I refused to supply them with info. The threatened
              prosecution. I was prepared to go to jail. Meant
              it. Have not heard from them for ten years.

Meanwhile, you are not even allowed to see
              who's on the voters' list due to privacy concerns.
              Pars

Comment

I did too Parsley refused until this years ag census which they seem to be real adamant on ( see above) As far as the privacy thing though then why can Rev can share your info with elections can. With a simply yes box on your quick tax form? Should be doable as well between Ag Canada and Stats Canada.
                My feeling is in a program like crop ins or a growing forward program where they are a "partner' In something you are in, I would be more willing to share info. as far as a cold call for free "give me the info peasant" on a Friday night at 8pm I get a little testy.

Comment

I finally filled mine out about 6 weeks
                  ago due to the constant harrasment. But
                  I did it while drinking beer, from
                  memory only, with all 4 kids shouting
                  random numbers from each side of the
                  table. It took 2 minutes 17 seconds (my
                  bride used a stopwatch). I wrote in the
                  comments section that I did it for free
                  so it may not be as acurate as it could
                  have been. I haven't heard back yet.

Comment

I grew tomato, rasberry and something else I can't remember. About 600 ac of each, organicly of course.

Comment

So this is 2010 data they want right? When do they finalize and publish their collected data? Is that not already done?

When will they quit berating people for this old data? Maybe their is a revision and update department of 1000 union members who get a bonus for every old census form they can get from some irritated farmer?

Comment

Filled out the form on the Internet ages ago. Took only a few minutes. Only way to go.

Comment

LOL ado089;
                          Between the two of us we should have the veg/berry market cornered, since according to my survey I grew 3000 ac of blueberries (sorry pars,I don't think mine where organic).
                          I also wrote a strongly worded message in the comments section on the back page voicing my displeasure at having the agriculture industry singled out for this data expropriation.

Comment

Pars, The aggregate numbers are available for free on the census of agriculture. Are you saying they sell individual farm level data? just curious can you back that up?

I held out for a few months this year finally my wife filled it out cause she was sick of the calls. I was a little pissed but I got over it pretty quick.

Comment

ps. I know a few other organizations that mask a business model of collecting and selling farmers information with providing a service to farmers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...