• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB benefits example yet again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB benefits example yet again

Posting again willie just in case you thought of something!

No one can explain any benefit so far? Posted again just to make sure.... What an opportunity for board supporters!

This was taken from wheat example way down the list and thought it would make a good question for board supporters to answer. Have at it.

So Integrity Farmer, suppose the wheat is 5 Bucks where the CWB is trying to market wheat along with everyone else. Location unimportant.

How does the CWB get me more money then what the market will pay for it?

If we use canola for example, i can get within pennies of what the exchange says it is worth and there are no marketing costs like CWBs Gord Flaten's dry cleaning bill. Certainly a big reason why it was an absolute failure to put canola under the CWB. There was not shown any value whatsoever putting canola with the CWB. Best you could get was an average price for the year, of course minus marketing fees, pensions, sick days, bonuses, stress pay, law suits with every Tom Dick and Harry, little Timmy's braces, and on and on.

If I sold 1/12 of my crop on the second tuesday every month, i would effectively achieve the same without the above expenses.

So I ask again and carefully and a great opportunity for you to show me something tangible, if wheat was off the CWB and was just like canola is today, how would the CWB provide me a price bump and benefit over what the wheat gets sold for to convince me to put it on the CWB?

You are having a hard time getting an answer to the question.

If none of the cwb supporters care to put forth a sound logical explanation as to their beloved cwb, it could mean there is no benefit.

Comment

Great idea riders2010, i'll get to work just as soon as you get the 100k to me lol. Seriously though if you are interested in learning about investing you should get Sirski's email newsletter for a month - free. He tells you all the selection tools, about volatility, indicators, websites that show pertinent info. He tells you the stocks he has, the trades he has made and the gains and losses. It's really not difficult to learn - a few months of a few hours a week and you'll have a good grasp of the basics all done from your home computer. As I said on a previous post you can set up your own trial with $100k on sites like Questrade and experiment.

Comment

I concur. It is unfortunate in a way there is none, but then the CWB debate would be a lot more civil and interesting. As such, its a religious discussion, everyone walks away pissed off.

Comment

Benefits of the CWB.
          430 people mostly in Winnipeg make a very good living.
          8 unemployable directors, get to meet at least once a month, have a nice dinner and receive a large per diem.
          Benefits to you the farmer. Priceless. You get to pay.

Comment

The cwb gets premiums for us, because they tell us so. Just.... Trust them

Comment

Anyone following the fb steamroller page?

Just in, Harper dismantling the CWB on..... get this.... wait for it..... Justin Biebers wall.

OMFG, and it is all coming off my final payment.

Comment

This is what is posted on literally hundreds of movie star facebook walls:

PM Harper wants to dismantle the Canadian Wheat Board. Wheat farmers are against it and are worried that this will mean the end of their way of life.

Here are the facts:
                - 62% of farmers voted in a plebiscite to keep the Canadian Wheat Board.
                - by law, Prime Minister Harper must put the dismantling of the CWB to a vote amongst farmers. He has not.
                ... - the CWB has provided stable, reliable pricing and payments for crops for over 75 years.
                - in accordance with NAFTA, if the CWB is dismantled, it can never be brought back.

To speak up for farmers and take action today, LIKE Stop The Steamroller on Facebook, visit StopTheSteamRoller.ca, and text FARMER to 24680.

Comment

Why does it matter ? Any arguments offered have been rejected out of hand. To those " Right thinking people" it doesn't matter whether the CWB benefits farmers or not , it is all about me first and s---- everybody else . Give it up without a whimper, no quid pro quo from our trading partners. What a smart bunch of negotiators!

Comment

Not true.

Its only arguments that aren't backed up by any actual evidence that get rejected out of hand.

Comment

The real value to farmers, wd, is not dollars, or to try to prompt equating the value of marketing freedom with the monetary value of a marketing system.

For example, the CWB in the past, has, pre-election, come out with a hefty, final or interim payment, often through pool manipulation, to court votes

Money talks.

The real issue, unclouded, is about property rights. Your evaluation of your own property Ownwership. Grain. The right to give your grain away To make mistakes.

The real issue is not about the value of the CWB. Or about the value of a single desk. Or about the value of supply managed whipping cream.

We often forget that governments and institutions bribe us with our own tax money to get us chasing, and yes, accepting, terms we would normally shun.

This is about freewheat being able to sell the milk from a cow he milks.

Even if agstar proved that the CWB benefitted each farmer in the DA $20,000 last year, that does not give the CWB, or a government or agstar the right to confiscate my grain.

Subjugating the underlying principle weakens the position.

Pars

Comment

I think we're cutting hairs here, but the reason we're so in favour of private property in principle, is because it leads to much better outcomes in practice.

There's no such thing as good in theory but bad in practice. If its bad in practice then its not a sound theory. Private property rights are both good in theory and in practice.

Comment

I do agree it is about property rights. However, this question deals with the the speaking of sound firm evidence with an endless passion that the CWB sells my wheat for more than any other system or way out there and it can only get worse.

I am simply asking for an explanation as to how. To quote Stephen Covey, "Seek first to understand, then to be understood". I am seeking to understand, just not getting much back from those i am trying to understand.

Comment

And you won't. They don't want you to understand. They want you to simply obey.

Comment

I am not an animal!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...