• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land rent, Regina area????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land rent, Regina area????

I have aquaintances who own land near Regina, who are not too happy with their current tennant.

What should they be getting in that area for rent, on Clay soil east of the city limits?

They are currently at only 25 bucks...

Thanks if anyone can help. I'm thinking 50-60???

how far east

Comment

Put it out for tender free market will dictate.

Comment

JUST east. A mile. I mentioned they should
        advertise. I'm 150 miles away or I would
        do it. Wondering about custom farming it
        with todays farm economy it could pencil.
        Has never had canola, and I know how well
        canola does on virgin land...

Comment

send me their number I'll pay 50

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. They want to here the dogma not the truth.Send an email to them at their parlimentary office and let them know what real farmers think.

Comment

Make you you talk with Saskfarmer3 he is really ambitious and interested in all non NDP properties near Regina. This could be his big chance for expansion. He has the money, and equipment, and all the resources to grow and excellent crop.

Comment

Should have read, "make sure you talk with Saskfarmer3."
                Apologies.

Comment

Tweet them and the leadership candidates. Let them know that counting the CWB BOD, friends of the CWB, CWB alliance and the NFU doesn't add up as it is the same group of people. If they want to make a dent in Western Canada MP count they need to get with what Real Farmers want.

Comment

I suppose these meetings will show the
                    same thing that the flawed plebiscite did.
                    Wheat board supporters support the wheat
                    board... big deal. When this gets trotted
                    out in Question Period I'm sure there will
                    be no mention of the 'invite only' aspect.

Comment

I'll keep you in mind husker, they are just trying to sort things out down there. Some neighboring land is bringing 60 apparently!

They have been getting the old shaft i guess...

Comment

Obviously something wrong with this picture, how many acres in the one block? Need more info. Locals know best, land changes from mile to mile. Is that the one with the huge gravel pile on it??? Kinda unfarmable?

Comment

I live in Regina and if it is one mile east of Regina any where up to 2 1.5 East soil is great after that not so good closer to White city.
                          25 is a joke in that area. Is it the stuff just east along the highway with sasktel tower on it.

Comment

Does the $60 land come with hopper/air storage, clean with good fertility? I hear the same b/s stories here. Everyone wants the same or more than the next guy - but is it equal dirt with 'good' storage? Freewheat, no doubt you will know or find out but some dirt is only worth half b/c of poor outdated storage, no drainage, dirty, been mined for years, whatever the list can be very long. Unfortunately all land owners see is what their neighbors get and think they are getting shafted. If it is a clean 1/4 corner to corner with little bush or sloughs, and has good up to date storage that is accessable by semi and in winter then you can start to ask top dollar. This dirt may well be but if it is not you should expect $20/ac less than top dollar.
                            Just a thought not pointing fingers here.

Comment

Grain storage is nice but really means nothing. Most want extra for good bins. With bags not really a issue.
                              Poor kept dirt will trade less. But after 3 years its like all others. That's why if you rent poorer kept dirt get a first right of refusal for future purchase.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...