• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bunge Looking for Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunge Looking for Canola

According to Prairie Ag Hotwire, the Bunge canola crushing plant in Manitoba is reportedly sourcing canola from as far away as Saskatchewan as short supplies in the province are causing crushers in both Manitoba and North Dakota to keep offering solid cash prices. With the futures market under pressure right now, crushers must offer competitive basis to entice farmers to sell their canola. The Bunge canola crusher in Altona, Manitoba is currently offering basis opportunities of C$1 above the January futures for November delivery and C$10 above for December delivery, which works out to a price of C$12.02 to C$12.24 per bushel.

Michelle - Farms.com Risk Management

Strange Bunges Humboldt gathering location is only advertising 11.22 for Nov. Way under pricing other local buyers.

Comment

Mb crop was a disaster.

Comment

Bunge in Humboldt is .50 cents per bushel lower than Viterra in Wadena, and has been all fall...

Comment

Not sure i could ship across 3 provinces for about 12 cents a bushel difference then down the road.

Comment

Has bunge in Humboldt ever had a competitive price. Every time I have phoned for a price they are a good nickel to fifty cents below everyone else around.

Comment

It's not only Watson where they are not competitive. Most of the time the elevators in Tisdale are offering a better price for Canola than the Bunge crushing plant at Nipawin. Bunge at Nipawin has been at 35.00 under for most of the fall, just now have gone to 30.00 under. It seems odd line companies can constantly out compete a crusher. Thank goodness we at least have the choice to whom we wish to deliver to. I guess if the difference in price does not matter to your farm than good on ya.

Comment

Why would they pay more than they need to?

Comment

<i>"why would they pay more than they need to?"
                  </i>

Indeed. No rational person pays more than they
                  have to. It's a good thing they aren't the only
                  buyer....one buyer....single desk.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...