• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$6.25 per bushel australian

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$6.25 per bushel australian

For what its worth apw 10.5 % protien wheat our "standard" wheat is $6.25 australian a bushel port price so i have to subtract $25 to get a farm gate price.

Basis is just so strong in usa at the moment hence there good prices.

Its not alot different than you guys except you have in single desk market, our basis is poor at the moment

APW stands for what exactly. When I was in Australia they the farm I was on grew mostly that soft wheat i think comparable to CWSWS wheat. WWW.CWB.ca for price comparisons. Make sure you minus 1.70 per bushel, or 63 dollars per ton since your in tons, average for all the handling charges to get net to the producers. We don't get the price they post there, we have same deductions weather it is delivered here domestically or for export.

Comment

Austrailian prime white I believe.

Comment

We are metric tones did the conversion correctly I
        think or it's $225 per tone port.
        Paw is Australian premium white all grades above
        are apw price plus for instance h1 is paw plus
        $40 and feed 1 is apw minus I think $88

Pool returns are currently about $210 port but of
        course if wheat rallies and heads north pool
        estimates will increase as will cash prices

Comment

Paw is apw in correctly spelt sorry and tone is
          tonne damn iPad does spelling for me at times

Comment

Don't they compete to buy your grain?

Why such low prices?

I am shocked.

Comment

IF, Let's compare

AU low protein wheat $6.25
              CWB PRO high protein wheat $6.68 and dropping
              CWB high protein DPC $6.50

I don't even want to see what the discounts are when you get down to 10% protein, 11.5% is a drop of $1.10/bu

High protein spring wheat in the US has a positive basis on it and futures are in the $9 dollar range.

So please explain to me how you can spout of your rightous rhetoric when in this comparison we are getting a significantly lower price than our fellow farmers in two compariable nations. But I guess I'm just a simple farmer who can't operate the fancy adding machine to use the interweb thingy to find out what them grains are worth. I don't know about you, but I find it hard to sleep at night with a $2/bu wedge shoved up my ass.

Comment

ado089: Under the new projected scenario of everyman for him/her/self do you expect to be paid USA prices here in Canada? Like, they are just going to throw a switch somewhere and voila...instant riches?

It ain't goin' to happen my friend...that is NOT the way it works.

If anything I can see the multis using Canadian prices against the USA price to keep them (the American farmers) in check. Canada will be their place to buy cheap grain.

Maybe you should get into grain trading instead of growing it...its gonna bit a winner.

Comment

I can send a car anywhere in North America for $11,000, alot more destinations are under $5,000 ($50-88/mt). So basicaly the same freight deduction I'm already subject to wether my wheat goes 50 miles down the road to a mill in Saskatoon or the other side of the world. So now I'll be working with a real futures price, a basis that reflects demmand and freight rate that reflects where I am sending my product instead of a mandatory freight deduction and basis intended to drop the spot price below the PRO. The multi's can do what ever the hell they want, with the shackles off I won't have to deal with them anymore. I'm already sending cars of peas to california for a $1/bu premium, I don't imagine wheat being anymore dificult. That actualy brings up a bigger concern, Katibe owning pretty much everything pulses in Canada. It's the shits only having one company buying pulses, it's driving down farmgate prices...sound familiar?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...