• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wilagro, Integrity_Farmer, agstar77, and for people like you

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wilagro, Integrity_Farmer, agstar77, and for people like you

Really!! I'm a nice guy. But after 20yrs asking for SOME change on my part(I'd say most other progressive farmers) and this is what we have, a bunch of rinky dink no name operators (THE RATS)with thier hands on my 6 BILLION dollar cheque book and they are f... me with it, no wonder I have had enough. You status quo f.. got me tied up and your using the rod on me to teach me a lesson as you are going down, if this was a hockey team I would love to be on the same beach, fight to the death, great, but the problem is, you f.. are not using your own skin in the game, you are a bunch of weaselly f.. hiding behind a law that is so out date and archaic, it's almost fun. Think about it, Joe Blow's(THE RATS) and a 6 billion dollar cheque book and out of control and the train is not slowing down, ridiculous. You f.. would not spend your own money like this. I understand status quo is good for people, but thier 80yrs old like my parents, too much change will kill them, I'm 48, every day mother nature is different, the markets, somebody farts in euro, life changes, Obama gives away another tillion of wealth, life changes, stats CAN. and USDA **** the number, life changes, I love my job and the daily change. You pinko commy f.. can have the CWB, take it, take the building and the people in it, take the grain cars, take the ships, its all yours, but quite f.. me with my money and that f.. rod, watch out it may come back to haunt ya.
    By the way is that enough name calling for you PINK COMMY LEFTIES F..

I agree with your point of view, but is the language
    really necessary?

Hang in there, The nightmare will be over and the
    jackboots will be removed from your neck soon.

Comment

Very hard to believe you are a nice guy. Your intolerance and language is offensive. If you are the representative of the open market , we are all in deep doo doo. What we will all lose cannot be compare d to what some big operators will make in sweetheart deals with line companies or by running grain across the border. The rhetoric shows the Harper goverment has succeeded in dividing us all, while the real problems in the grain industry are left with us to deal with.

Comment

jsmitty, You are exactly the type of
        creep that needs to be reined in. Scum
        of scum, totally outta control at the
        best of times. I bet yer marketing
        skills r way better than mine, cousin
        you knows how to git yer way, swearin
        and usin diqusting language, name
        callin, greed are the calling cards of
        good/great marketeers. Ever man/woman
        fer himself, get outta the way er get
        run over! Yup Comedian framers like you
        should be leader not followers, you are
        a REAL tool and will be a big winner or
        loser in Gag, certainly on Angriville...

Comment

It is to laugh Agstar. We've all seen the foul
          language from your side on here as well.

What could be more devisive than years of telling
          farmers to grow something else, then shutting
          them out of your plebiscite when they do, and
          trampling the property rights of those who
          disagree with single desk?

Comment

johnsmith::

After a spu like that, now I am worried. Not about the cwb, but more about the gun control. If this thread was sent to our PC government,and if they had any smarts, they would put the long gun registry back in to TRY and protect us from people such as yourself. Anybody to send a spu like you just did is most likely to be a threat to society if you owned a gun.

Comment

I totally agree with johnsmith, however the language is abit stronger than I would use. It is people like agstar and company that have divided the farmers and not the PM. We have been very tolerant of the left for many years with total disregard for how we think. The agstars of the world are the greedy, selfish people because they know full well that without my wheat, their precious CWB cannot survive. Thank God!

Comment

Smallguy, guns don't kill people, people do and there is a law for that, murder. The gun registry for people shooting beavers and coyotes, like the CWB Act, is not required and only tramples the rights of the honest people.

Its good to see your passion JohnSmith and if it takes a few uses of **** to ensure an emotionless media such as this to emphasize your point, i accept that. I agree with you 100 percent.

This whole thing is not about grain but the rights of all farmers. The list above of anonymous posters in the subject line do not understand that, never ever will. For that i do honestly feel sorry for them. They actually think it is about grain. How misinformed and sad.

So maybe we just to have pity and patient understanding on their ignorance much like the slave owning people at an earlier time in our history not wanting to let go of slavery because while it was a good deal for them in terms of cheap labour, rights and freedoms of all individuals was the issue and did win in the end.

Our freedom and rights to our own property as western canadian farmers is coming. The grain thing will work out, its just not the point of all this.

Comment

johnsmith: If Harper's monkey Ritz had a functioning brain he could have handled this whole deal in a sensible sane way. Just by removing the compulsory aspect of the CWB and leaving the rest alone would have resolved the whole problem for you and others who want their FREEDOM.

But NO, they couldn't do that, they had to set out to DESTROY the CWB as it was COMPETITION for the freakin GRAIN trade.

So swear and curse and carry on like a freakin RUBE but you know I'm right and your stupid politicians are REAL honest to goodness ARSEHOLES. Put the blame where it belongs. We are just farmers just like you say you are...it is a great life.

Comment

See willie, you still don't get it. A real shame.

Comment

The government wanted that, its the CWB board that did not want to be voluntary. Its monopoly or nothing so its nothing. Again, soooooo simple.

Comment

wd9: The legislative changes proposed go much, much farther than just changing the compulsory aspect of the CWB.

The hand-picked ADVISORY COMMITTEE brought forth recommendations guaranteed to reduce any competition with the privatized grain trade in any meaningful way. They don't want the CWB to exist any further than the five year transitional period. It is so blatantly obvious that even YOU should be able to discern this.

The present BOD can see what the government is up to...why can't YOU?

Comment

The gov't does not provide me property rights on my wheat, so whats left, the acutal physical money in the CWB bank account that is mine and you got these rinky dink operators THE RATS f... with it, the abuse of power by these f... is off the scale, and who ever defendings the actions of THE RATS, please feel free to add yourself to the list of "PINKO COMMY LEFTIES F..." I know my language is bad and I agree I sound like a nut case, somebody needs to stir the pot, I guess I pick myself, nobody else is defending my rights. These directors were in trusted with the operation of this board to market my wheat in an orderly way. Where in thier mandate does it say to fight the boss at all costs, could somebody answer that question and if you can't that proves they are criminals.

Comment

Johnsmith is upset that his property is being
                            confiscated and the proceeds are used against
                            him. I_F is upset that a government would have
                            the audacity to end this tyranny.

Even though I don't condone the language,
                            Johnsmith has a lot better reason.

Comment

Old news from the cwb newsroom

Newsroom

CWB outlines critical business requirements for new organization
                              October 17, 2011

Winnipeg - The CWB has outlined six key business requirements critical to the success of any potential new organization that might be created if Prairie farmers' current wheat-marketing structure is disbanded by the federal government.

"After extensive work by the CWB to analyze all possible alternatives for farmers, we identified concrete requirements for any new entity to succeed - and the federal government needs to address them," said Allen Oberg, chair of the CWB's farmer-controlled board of directors.

"This information was shared with Minister Ritz in July, but we continue to be stymied by the government's inability to provide answers - despite its stated objective for a 'strong and viable' grain-marketing entity in an open market. While the Minister attempts to paint CWB directors as being uncooperative, we have in fact been taking these issues very seriously, without any meaningful response from government regarding these basic requirements."

The CWB board of directors had invited Minister Ritz to attend its meeting in Winnipeg last week for detailed discussions, but he was unable to attend. Oberg said the offer for the Minister to meet with the full board remains open.

"Legislation will be introduced this week that will destroy the CWB," he said. "Meanwhile, any chance for a successor organization is being crippled by this government's reckless approach.

"We call on the Minister to live up to his promise to broadly consult with farmers - not just with his hand-selected group, but also among the tens of thousands of producers who have clearly stated their desire to retain the CWB single-desk."

Sixty-two per cent of western Canadian farmers voted to retain the single desk for wheat in a CWB plebiscite conducted over the summer. Fifty-one per cent voted to retain it for barley marketing.

Oberg said consultations about the new legislation - and associated business requirements - should involve federal standing committee hearings held in Western Canada. He also urged the Minister to resist an anti-democratic process that would limit consultation and debate.

The six requirements (see attached backgrounder) were identified after extensive analysis by CWB staff and external business consultants KPMG. They were shared with government in response to the Minister's request for the CWB's views on implications of the government's policy decision and what elements would be needed to establish a new organization. The Minister had also asked for assessment of costs to government of winding up the current CWB, which were also shared during the summer. In addition to outlining key requirements, the CWB expressed concerns to the Minister about the extremely short timeframe to establish a new entity, which seriously threatens its ability to compete.

"The government has provided no framework for a path forward," Oberg said. "To run a business, you must have certainty about your capital and equity base, your means of borrowing money and managing risk, your ownership structure, your access to grain-handling terminals and the regulations that would be in place. None of this has been forthcoming."

-30-

For more information, please contact:

Maureen Fitzhenry
                              CWB media relations manager
                              (204) 983-3101
                              Cell: (204) 227-6927
                              maureen_fitzhenry@cwb.ca

Backgrounder

Six key business requirements for a new grain-marketing entity:

1.Capital/equity. Government would need to contribute sufficient capital in the order of magnitude of $225 million, to finance grain inventories and conduct business operations. Under the circumstances and given the proposed timelines, it would not be possible for a new entity to raise equity from the private sector.

2.Financing/borrowing. Government would need to provide guarantees of borrowings by the new entity for a period of at least five years. In addition to a base level of equity, a new entity would require debt financing. It would not be possible for a new entity to access debt financing without government guarantees, given that any new entity would have no business track record to provide comfort to lenders.

3.Risk management. Government would need to provide a risk reserve in the order of magnitude of $200 million to replace its current guarantees of initial payments that are made to farmers (payments made before sales returns have been fully generated). A risk reserve would be necessary to enable a new entity to offer price pooling to farmers with initial payments that could attract sufficient grain deliveries.

4.Ownership structure. Government would need to act as the initial owners of a new entity with a share-capital structure. Under the circumstances, and in view of the short timeframes, a new entity would be unable to operate under any other ownership structure. An appropriate exit strategy would have to be put in place to enable the government to divest its shares in a new entity in due course.

5.Access to country and port grain terminals. Government would need to ensure regulated access to grain-handling facilities to ensure competitively priced access with service levels that would enable third parties to effectively compete.

6.Export access. Government would need to provide a new entity with regulatory authority to direct its own grain to port terminals of its choosing.

Wilagro what part of this is the cwb not getting? I thought they are getting all the six requirements. What the hell are your talking about compusory anyway, with the current cwb's monopoly that is compulsory to use the cwb. So I do not understand your talk of compulsory cwb.

By the way I think the most dangerous is not people with restricted or non restricted weapons but moreso cwb supporter actions as they put the best of us to the brink. Thank goodness John Smith vents with some minor language.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...