• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011/12 October PRO Released

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011/12 October PRO Released

Grain Values Decline in Latest CWB Outlook for 2011-12
    Winnipeg -- The CWB today released its October 2011 Pool Return Outlook (PRO) for the 2011-12 crop year. Wheat values have declined from last month's PRO between $10 and $20 per tonne, depending on class, grade and protein level. Milling durum values have decreased by $13 per tonne. Malting barley values have gone down by $18 to $19 per tonne since last month, while Pool A feed barley is down by $17 per tonne.

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/dom/db/contracts/pool_return/pro.nsf/WebPRPub/2011_20111027.html?OpenDocument&CropYr=2011-12"]Oct PRO[/URL]

Malt barley was the biggest surprise. Are any grain companies/maltsters offering cash plus? What value?

Wheat declines reflect the market. Maybe today is the sign of something different.

Durum? Only major seller and prices still decline.

Feed barley. Who cares. If business done, delivery signals will come via early payment values, CWB cash pricing contracts or the CWB dealing the trade directly/no price signals.

Comment

[URL="http://wbc.agr.mt.gov/Producers/Transportation/Charts/gfallsdnsprice.pdf"]Great Falls Prices[/URL]

Comment

More stuff.

This would be the time of the year the CWB would normally put in a request for an adjustment payment. Interesting to look at the current PRO versus initial payments.

Current initial payments for wheat excluding durum are anywhere from 70 to 75 % of the October PRO. An adjustment payment to bring to 80 % would be anywhere from $30/tonne (high protein) to $15/tonne (low protein/other classes).

Durum initial payments are sitting about 55 % of the PRO. Could be adjusted up by close to $90/tonne.

Would be interesting to know whether the CWB has put a request to the federal government for an adjustment payment.

Comment

I thought the crash was coming last month, doesn't surprise me. Probably won't help the pro board campaigners.

Comment

Hope this board is gone soon.Local ethanol plant is paying more for feed winter wheat than i can get for #1 hrsw and still have to wait 14 months to get paid out. Hell even pig feed is going for more.. I hope the board supporters can see how poor the board is doing on their behalf. Over 8.50 in northdakota today for wheat.

Comment

SORRY I LIED wheat in Northdakota, just called 8.79 dollars US. CWB supporters are a bunch of fu--ing idiots..

Comment

Did anyone expect the PRO to go up? Got a lawsuit to
                fund there boys........ Don't worry they're only take
                about $1.20 additional off the futures for the rest of
                you guys who try and control their own destiny.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...