• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minister Ritz on the CWB Interview on Legal Challenge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually it was the governments own handpicked committee that said it would not work.

Comment

Go for it CWB! Did the Cracker and
      Harpo et al, believe that the CWB would
      roll over fer the politicos and give
      themselves up? The CWB has a very, very
      strong position and the Courts have
      upheld the rule of law in the past.
      If'n I was a CWB elected director, I'd
      fight fer my job too! Good fer Mr.
      Oberg! Down with the gestapo tactics of
      Mr. RITZ.... After all this is Comedia
      and we have the rule of law in this
      great nation. Not the rule of the
      Jungle...

Comment

Wrangling with the chuckchucks takes away time
        that could be well spent on writing a letter to the
        Saskatchewan minister of agriculture He needs
        a fistful of letters from from choice farmers to
        read from at meetings. Highwayman write one
        will you and get four of your buds to do the
        same. Works for you?Pars

Comment

Gee, Ritz is real interested in the bottom line since there was no cost benefit to this legislation. The Pools might still be around if they had not adopted go big or go home.

Comment

So you think the pools would have survived their poor financial situation of the early 1990's with the small capacity wood elevator system? Where would the money have come from to upgrade elevators - cooperative members?

I will stick my neck and suggest staying on the course you suggest would have seen bankrupt cooperatives and more US based companies versus Canadian companies that can compete anywhere in the world.

Change doesn't come easy but sometimes it needs to happen. But I am treating the current as a business issue and not a political one.

Comment

They spent money on ill advised concrete coffins, instead of more cost effective structures. They called in so called outside experts that screwed us over royally.

Comment

What you call concrete coffins I would call pretty good profit financed to a significant amount by the wheat and barley handled on behalf of the CWB with guaranteed margin/minimal risk. In your terminology, what makes them concrete coffins is policies which put the wrong grain (read not moving/stored) in their facilities and reduces handle from 10 times turn over to something far less.

Comment

Agstar
                  You asked where are the Prairie Pools.
                  The answer is that the directors of the Pools (some of who now run the CWB) chose to live in the past. For years they refused to modernize and to compete, They took the attitude that "We are the Pool, people will deal with us" As the next generation took over the farms the younger farmers went to the companies that earned the business. The CWB has spent the past 30 years telling us we must do business with them rather than showing us "heres what we've done to deserve your business". Losing the Pools due to the poor management was a loss, losing the CWB will not be.

Comment

Agster,

I think you’re asking for something you won’t or can’t do yourself. Can you point me to a credible cost/benefit analysis that shows the single desk is a net benefit to my farm or the western grain industry as a whole? And given the nature of the debate, I'm sure you'll agree with me that to be credible, it should be current, independent, and peer reviewed. I’m pretty sure there isn’t one out there. I watch this stuff pretty closely so would have seen it is there is one. But maybe I missed it.

In the absence of compelling and demonstrable proof the single desk provides significant benefit, there is no reason for the CWB single desk to enjoy widespread support, as is evidenced by its own polling and surveying.

The loss of ability to manage and control your farm comes at a cost. There can be no debate about that. So to be of any value at all, the benefit the single desk delivers must be substantially more than the costs of loss of control. Otherwise, the trade-off is just not worth it.

So Agster, show me your supporting cost/benefit analysis. The burden of proof lies with single desk supporters like yourself, not the other way around.

Comment

Chuckchuck or Korneychuck or upchuck, whatever your name is, you seem to believe that by deflecting and diverting to the supply management issue that your weak arguments for retention of the single desk will carry more weight. Sadly mistaken. Show me where I have ever expressed support for supply management at any time.The governments current position with SM is one I do not support. The CWB restricts my business in multiple ways every single day. At this point in time I choose to fight the battle closest to me personally. Supply management will have its day in the spotlight I'm sure. If you believe that personal property rights are bull shit then you are truly lost in your ideological fairyland. Where does your sense of entitlement end chucky? With your neighbors tractor, his land, his family?
                      Parsley my letters to my MP have long since been written and mailed as well as numerous phone calls. But it wont stop there. If it is war they want, it is war they will have. This LUNACY has to end and it will start with Oberg and the crazy 8.

Comment

Just a thought if you live near one of the band of
                        8. There will be land for sale because they will be
                        held accountable personally.I have been on
                        plenty of boards in my day and if you knowingly
                        go against the law or directed policy directors
                        liability insurance is withdrawn by the company.
                        Chuck Strahl made it clear in his ministers order
                        not to spend producers money on self promotion
                        and preservation. It was appealed to federal
                        court of Canada and upheld . These clowns have
                        just bet the farm on this issue. The same policy
                        usually prevents a director from using in house
                        legal council so that will be at their personal
                        expense this little bought of ideology could cost
                        some of them there farm. There's a new spelling
                        for stupid in the dictionary it's Oberg

Comment

To those that think a voluntary board
                          won't work. Excellent! They have had
                          their chance. I sincerely hope a
                          voluntary board won't work either. We do
                          not need a voluntary board for my oats,
                          canola, peas, flax, canary, etc. I just
                          depend on evil multi-nationals who
                          continually screw me. Yet I keep going
                          back for more...

Why won't you just die, board. Utterly,
                          completely. DIE!

Comment

There is no place for the present board of
                            directors in the new organization. They have
                            proven to be inflexible and therefore
                            unemployable.

Comment

chuck, you never answered why it was consitent for
                              the former CWB to control the sale of wheat and
                              barley over farmers only in the designated area and
                              not the rest of Canada? So get off your supply
                              management already and answer the question.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...