• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rent and land prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent and land prices

Rent and land purchase prices are still breaking new ground here. Cash rents pushin $80/ac and land prices going over $1500/ac. Inputs goin up and crop prices drifting lower - Am I missing something? Not agresively looking but hope things settle down when our agreements come up again in a couple years.

I heard about some 75$ rent north of you guys. Its getting pretty crazy. Some people are really going out on a limb.

Comment

Figure out your expenses for next year. When you need $11 canola and yields at 30 to breakeven it gets pretty tough to keep bidding up land prices.

Hats off to the guys who are bullish enough to do it but for me its a lot of money to risk.

Will the 20000 ac farm for sale south of regina put a cap on land prices for awhile...........

Comment

Funny thing I would bid up to 50 for land or 70 at most but guess what people wont rent to us its the NDP way only rent to NDPs. Its a funny area this fall a neighbor is giving two young NDPS a chance all power to them but guys pay at least for it. Lots of 28 still in area and even south 60 to guy who works for LDM 70. Oh yea he is a Combine operator now.
        When your land is paid for its easy to take on rent at higher value. Problem is I have purchased every single guy I ever rented from.

Comment

What pisses me off is these guys that over-extend themselves. In a good year they walk around like the smartest entrepreneur on the planet. That is fine. But in a bad year they are the first to scream about how much it costs, how much they got tied up in a crop they didn't get, someone should pay, etc., etc.,while the rest of the farmers around them just keep plugging along and expect good and bad years to average out.

Comment

Anyone take a drive south of Regina this year. More like a lake country. Crazy

Comment

Furrow, are you elderly (LOL) enough to sell at 1500 bucks? Cuz I'm only 35, but if offered 1500, or 70 plus rent, I could afford to be done. And this is with just 9 quarters of "owned" land.

If someone offered me that kinda money, I would have to think hard, very hard!

Comment

The $80/ac is south east of us, found out about it b/c a buddy was going to renew his land rent at $55-60/ac which he thought was too high. Got turned down b/c $80 was the latest offer and he wants more than that.. Also he walked on a 1200 ac deal, the guy turned down 35% crop share with no expense share. Looking for 40% or $80/ac as well. This is o.k. dirt at best, with poor grain storage.
                Landlord's too blame?? Not realy, the guys bidding it up must see a future where $14 canola, $8 wht and $10 peas are going to come back and stay. Oh and never any below ave crops again.
                A few of the guys biddin er up are far from well established and probobly could not afford a garden tractor not that long ago. Just seems odd, like a guy is missing something, or maybe everything??
                One thing though, a few of the more established farms in the area got out of the dirt game a few years ago and have put more focus in production and money management. So who's right or wrong??? Maybe niether - time will tell. Long story - short, rent and land prices have doubled in a very short time.

Comment

So a $100 an acre fer Heavy Clay is tomuch??? Need $10 Canola @ 35 bushel to thee acre to break even. F*** it, its only money anyway. To big, to small, to close, to far, Don't matter, If it adds a $1 to the Bottom Line, We'sa take da Land. I wantitall!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Asking $90/ac cash rent north of Maymont on my latest inquiry to an investment co. I hope these are long term contracts. Makes my farming future look better.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...